#1 class???

No.

Top 10 sure

Top 5 is an absolute dream scenario

Go see how absurdly far ahead top 3 classes are these days. Classes like uga are eons beyond us. Even Florida's team talent is as far ahead of ours as between us and missouri. We have a long ways to go. Getting to top 10, florida level talent would be a good first step.

Dreaming. We'll finish no better than 8th. Most likely somewhere around 10-12. Teams that will finish ahead: A&M, UGA, Bama, OSU, ND, USC, TX, LSU, probably Clemson, maybe UF, PSU, UM. We have to show recruits we will compete with Bama, UGA and UF before we come close to the top 5. IMO, it will take at least 3 consecutive top 5 or 6 recruiting classes to be elite. To get there, we'll need to have some 10-win seasons.
Disagree, we’ve shown more improvement than Butch and the 2014 class was top 5. I do agree that we need to be more competitive on the field but we will have a top 10 class unless the wheels just fall off. Top 5 is very possible

#1 is a possibility for sure. I’m not sure we get there but they’re in on too many guys not to be higher than usual.

I mean, sure if we hit on every one of those, I guess it's possible. But history shows that never happens. It would be amazing if this happened though! I would be ecstatic!

I don’t care about recruiting rankings. I’ve gotten excited over way too many 4 and 5* guys here at UT over the years that didn’t live up to the hype, and some that just downright stunk. Coaching them up and playing to their strengths are much more important than high school rankings.

It would be nice but we’re not there yet. If our NIL folks keep things rolling maybe we get into the top 5 in a few years. That progress would be incredible too.

Not likely. We have too many 3* guys.
You tell the 3* guys they are PWO with some sort of NIL deal if you are replacing with 5* level talent. I know all 3*’s are misses and are better than some 5*’s at time. But if the coaching staff has offered both. 5*’s and 3*’s and they have to chose one. I would imagine they would go with the 5*.

I just want every future Vols class to be the #1 class in coaxing championship trophies to live in Knoxville, in our trophy cases.

That'd be nice. :)

Reactions: Cpatter4
Player development is the key. CJH and Co. are the best we've had in decades at that. I think anything inside the top 15 puts us in a great competitive position. As long as that holds, top 5+ teams are on the horizon.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
You are aware we can pull offers

Sure I do but look at our 3*s. 4 out of the R of them are instate guys. Spillman (the lowest ranked guy) isn’t going anywhere. Apparently the staff likes his game and it helps with his brother who is a stud for the 2024 class. The other guys would have to get significant numbs to get into 4* level.

You tell the 3* guys they are PWO with some sort of NIL deal if you are replacing with 5* level talent. I know all 3*’s are misses and are better than some 5*’s at time. But if the coaching staff has offered both. 5*’s and 3*’s and they have to chose one. I would imagine they would go with the 5*.

Not feasible. Those 3* have legit offers from other programs. They would walk. And most of our 3* are instate guys. Do that then people will complain about how Heupel can’t “lockdown the state.” We are not gonna replace every 3* with a 5*. It’s not gonna happen. We won’t have the #1 recruiting class in the SEC. Much less the overall best class.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Not feasible. Those 3* have legit offers from other programs. They would walk. And most of our 3* are instate guys. Do that then people will complain about how Heupel can’t “lockdown the state.” We are not gonna replace every 3* with a 5*. It’s not gonna happen. We won’t have the #1 recruiting class in the SEC. Much less the overall best class.
#1in the sec usually is #1

Can we at least clinch the off-season championship before we start claiming #1 recruiting class🤦🏻‍♂️

No.

Top 10 sure

Top 5 is an absolute dream scenario

Go see how absurdly far ahead top 3 classes are these days. Classes like uga are eons beyond us. Even Florida's team talent is as far ahead of ours as between us and missouri. We have a long ways to go. Getting to top 10, florida level talent would be a good first step.

That’s the same thing folks would’ve said about A&M last year around this time I’m sure. But we’re in great shape with at least 3 different 5 star players right now we’ve got a great shot at landing and already have something like 4 top 100’s committed including a top 5 overall player. How on earth is it impossible?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back