Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

To me the difference between defending a know shoplifter and defending a known child molester, are astronomical. That's the moral part, an attorney doesn't HAVE to represent who they don't want to. Unless, of course, it's court appointed.

Edit...I understand what you're saying about the legal part. Don't misunderstand me, I'm speaking solely from a moral standpoint of having the choice of who you defend. We're arguing from two totally different perspectives.
I understand what you’re saying. And I understand why you couldn’t do it. Not sure I could either. But that doesn’t mean those who do are trash. It takes a lot of heart to see humanity in every human being. That’s what Jesus taught, while he hung out with criminals.

I’d feel more contempt for corporate attorneys who sell their souls to help corporate giants exploit the common folk in order to make bank.

I understand what you’re saying. And I understand why you couldn’t do it. Not sure I could either. But that doesn’t mean those who do are trash. It takes a lot of heart to see humanity in every human being. That’s what Jesus taught, while he hung out with criminals.

I’d feel more contempt for corporate attorneys who sell their souls to help corporate giants exploit the common folk in order to make bank.
Yea we definitely agree on that last sentence

I dont understand the hate for lawyers. As much as big pharma, corporations (insurance) companies predate on folks who otherwise cannot advocate for themselves. It is the only avenue for many people. Sadly, as there are in many professions, are people chasing a dollar.
Because people who ‘win’ the lawsuit typically get peanuts when the lawyers take the bulk of the money.. just a thought

you can thank tort reforms, for that.

instead of killing frivolity, increased numbers of claims.
Hmmm interesting.. several people I know of had lawsuits and nobody recovered over 50k 😂 I doubt tort reform applies in these cases? Maybe it does.. we just know that the lawyers made 800k 😂 seemed extremely unfair and weird

Hmmm interesting.. several people I know of had lawsuits and nobody recovered over 50k 😂 I doubt tort reform applies in these cases? Maybe it does.. we just know that the lawyers made 800k 😂 seemed extremely unfair and weird
That would've been pre-Dumbya. The case that started the hysteria was the Mcdonalds burn case. Personal injury payouts are now capped.

ill defer to actual attorneys from here out.

That would've been pre-Dumbya. The case that started the hysteria was the Mcdonalds burn case. Personal injury payouts are now capped.

ill defer to actual attorneys from here out.
This workman’s comp case 2011 (as the supervisor I was deposed).. and 2019 unpaid wages case on an LLC.. and a wrongful injury case where they settled..the people who sue don’t get much, it’s really not worth it imo.. you just make the attorneys rich

Was in a wreck, lady ran a red light and her insurance company drug their feet. Tried to blame it on me, I had witnesses though. Finally had to hire a lawyer, I would have never got what I got ( I didn't get a lot) without the lawyer. Like every other profession, good ones and bad ones. Mine a good one

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
This workman’s comp case 2011 (as the supervisor I was deposed).. and 2019 unpaid wages case on an LLC.. and a wrongful injury case where they settled..the people who sue don’t get much, it’s really not worth it imo.. you just make the attorneys rich
those sound like class action settlements.

@VolsDoc81TX had a question for you. A no BS question. If I remember, you’re an ortho doc. What is the realistic recovery time for a significant labral hip tear and bone spur removal for someone in their 40s who’s riddled with osteoarthritis?

@VolsDoc81TX had a question for you. A no BS question. If I remember, you’re an ortho doc. What is the realistic recovery time for a significant labral hip tear and bone spur removal for someone in their 40s who’s riddled with osteoarthritis?

VN Store

Back