Recruiting Football Talk VII

Yes. I don’t see any 1996, 2001, 2007 “Close but no cigar” banners hanging anywhere.
Damn, I feel sorry for you, kid. While 96 and 01 where two of the biggest disappointments of my lifetime, we were still one of the top 5 programs in the country, and THAT felt amazing. Wish I had cherished it even more.

Shame you missed it.

Can I ask someone a question, maybe a Spyre/Vol Club member....does any of this go into being picked out for season tickets. I am finally in a position to obtain some season's and hopefully have family start bleeding Tennessee Orange. If you think Tennessee Orange is the orange in Southampton,NY then you are not from up here.

I want to create the fans and then start to work on my donations level and what not.
No, season tickets are through the university and all the donations related to that are for the university.

Damn, I feel sorry for you, kid. While 96 and 01 where two of the biggest disappointments of my lifetime, we were still one of the top 5 programs in the country, and THAT felt amazing. Wish I had cherished it even more.

Shame you missed it.
I remember being 8 in 01 and yelling at the tv that the Iceman sucked… good times lol

Reactions: Volunteer821
It won't placate the negas, but all we know are the recruiting service rankings, we have no idea how the staff ranks them, so we have no idea whether they got what they wanted or are simply filling the class. In the end results on the field are the only meaningful metric, and as TAMU, Clemson, and the '22 Vols have demonstrated, the correlation between class ranking and season success isn't as absolute as you might expect.

No I'm not rationalizing or making excuses, because I don't have all the info and I'm not making predictions one way or the other. I have to idea how it will go, but I'm content to see how it unfolds and will enjoy the ride until the ride isn't enjoyable. The big difference between us is that although we may eventually both be calling for coaches to be fired, I'll be happier in the meantime, while y'all will continue to cling to every negative "fact" in support of your misery. Enjoy your pain.

Shame you missed it.
That’s the point. If you have higher aspirations, then not achieving them isn’t winning anything. It’s only once you actually suck that you miss almost getting there.

Tried it. Hated it.

9bc283d91b22d8f9303f97e83ddc3625.gif
images (4).jpeg

images (4).jpeg

Do you guys and others realize our recruiting average is going to likely plummet as the classes closes?

Look at who else were seriously in on:

Sensabaugh (.86),
Wallace (unranked),
the Kent State commit (unranked)
Cole Harrison (.84)
Rodriguez (.87)
*conveniently leaves out McKinley (.986)*

VN Store

Back