Recruiting Football Talk VII

Probably too old to verify, but I was a lot less active in the mid 2010’s because of how awful we were. So yeah you got it pretty right. I checked out mentally from 2013-2018 aside from the few good sparks in 15 and 16.

Shame we hired heupel. I was about to check out again in 2020 and you wouldn’t have to deal with me.
90.67 is highest we’ve had since 247 started keeping up in 2011.

Heupel 2023 - 90.8
Heupel 2024 as of now - 91.62

Rivals shows an avg star recruit going back before 2011 and highest (from 2007-2010) was 07 with the Eric berry class which had 32 recruits (fulmers last one). Or was 08 his last one? Idk my point still stands either way

Last edited:
Are Milton and Wright going to be the only Vols drafted spring?

I figured Baron and Omari would/could both one is transferring and the other is returning.

Beasley kind of fell off the second half of the season so I don’t know if he will.

Kamal Hadden should, right?

Anyone else?

Nah, the distributor will eventually get it back. I appreciate it though. You’ll have to remind me you’re coming and I’ll have a bottle for ya that’s 59.99 😉
I might have to hit you up. Working downtown now so I could stop by if you’re in East Nashville.

Reactions: mrMet
Wrong - I pointed out how we’re only in on lower ranked kids to fill the class out so the average you and others champion will go down. You came back with an elementary school response - at which point I called you weird.

View attachment 602509

Now, you’re just boring. So to the ignore pile you go. It’s a shame you can’t do the same to me, huh 😂
You do nothing but pout, hence my comment. Try harder

Staes didn't really show anything at ND like you're saying. Had one amazing game then nothing. Where's the hype coming from?
That TD against, I believe NCSt, is one of the most athletic TE plays I've seen this year.

He had 4 TDs with just 15 catches, over 11 ypc. Maybe the lack of numbers is the reason he's transferring.

I figured Baron and Omari would/could both one is transferring and the other is returning.

Beasley kind of fell off the second half of the season so I don’t know if he will.

Anyone else?
Hadden should but think he said he may come back. I could see him wanting to come back to improve his draft stock since he got hurt mid season.

*Vols get #1 TE in the portal while also having a dozen or so recruits from HS and portal on campus this week/weekend and will most likely finish Top 10 in recruiting*

Christian Lowe: "I think I'll contort recruiting rankings in a way that makes it look like we are  losing the offseason to South Carolina despite the fact USC lost half their team to the portal and our class is actually better anyway."

Anyone else?
I would imagine that Beasley and Hadden will. Possibly Bru if he elects for the draft.

Anyone else?

Not many

Actually impressive coaching by Heupel. In retrospect, this wasn’t an overly talented team by Tennessee standards. The 2016 team that also went 8-4 had lots of NFL talent, much of which is still in the NFL.

I understand all that. South Carolina is a point or a little more behind us. That’s close, was my point.

I get quality over quantity, but it seems like we’ve sacrificed quantity entirely for quality. And in a game like football where a season changing injury is just a play away, I think you need a healthy dose of both.
We're not even to EARLY signing day yet. Would you rather we go ahead and take commitments from a bunch of 2 and 3 stars early or keep pressing on the 4 and 5 stars that are late flip candidates just to have a marginally better overall score on a recruiting service ranking? We can add some lower ranked guys in January to fill our remaining slots. Chill out

We're not even to EARLY signing day yet. Would you rather we go ahead and take commitments from a bunch of 2 and 3 stars early or keep pressing on the 4 and 5 stars that are late flip candidates just to have a marginally better overall score on a recruiting service ranking? We can add some lower ranked guys in January to fill our remaining slots. Chill out
I’d rather the 4 and 5 stars had committed to us instead of somewhere else in the first place.

VN Store

Back