Recruiting Football Talk VII

I think they were slow starters because they wanted to keep current guys and that process took time. They've been waiting to see who comes available before filling spots. They've been slow to give committable offers to certain guys and they've shifted focus and moved on from others. We'll see where we are next week. They might get everybody they want-- which probably won't match fans' wish list.
Does it ever match lol?

Reactions: Orangeburst
Lot more to the story than most are aware. All I will say is parents of players shouldn’t vent their grievances to a local paper.

The AP wire and ON3 picked it up and the rest was history. Most coaches will tell the players hit the door as this isn’t middle school and high school, hence what happened.

For their sake, I hope colorado works out for them but D Wade won’t be the QB. Keaton had a chance to be a quality LB.
Destin Wade was never going to be a P5 QB anywhere. It’s ****** the way he and his brother were a package deal. I never give Kentucky much thought (as we all should), but the way they did those two boys is shameful just to get one.

Had to put Lowe on ignore. Sorry buddy. You went full nega. Do better and I’ll reconsider.

Thread is much brighter now. Pretty much this…

View attachment 602515
I did a couple of months ago. Could not deal with his repeated attempts to throw himself off a cliff during the season.. Just tiresome. Hope he is not this gloom and doom with that young family.

It won't placate the negas, but all we know are the recruiting service rankings, we have no idea how the staff ranks them, so we have no idea whether they got what they wanted or are simply filling the class. In the end results on the field are the only meaningful metric, and as TAMU, Clemson, and the '22 Vols have demonstrated, the correlation between class ranking and season success isn't as absolute as you might expect.

No I'm not rationalizing or making excuses, because I don't have all the info and I'm not making predictions one way or the other. I have to idea how it will go, but I'm content to see how it unfolds and will enjoy the ride until the ride isn't enjoyable. The big difference between us is that although we may eventually both be calling for coaches to be fired, I'll be happier in the meantime, while y'all will continue to cling to every negative "fact" in support of your misery. Enjoy your pain.
The one thing I know for certain, Rodney Garner would not have offered the Watson kid, then went to see him in Jersey a couple of days later...he would not have done that, if he didn't think the kid has something, and can play. I believe that as much as I believe I'm about to hit...

We did get there, in 98.

Were you alive then?
Yeah. I don’t see how that’s relevant. He didn’t ask if winning a national title was winning anything. He asked if not winning your conference or national title, but just making it to the 12 team party is winning something. It isn’t.

Would you prefer something else?
It only matters when that fax comes in on signing day. There's no difference when they've signed the dotted line. It's unwise and desperate to take a commit from a player in Mid December or earlier when they don't really see him panning out over being patient and waiting to see who comes available after coaches get fired and such to see if there's a higher graded flip candidate. You can take a flier on one of those lower dudes around national signing day in the spring semester. Some you can get after that.

VN Store

Back