Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it is a form of jealousy for many opposed. Not for all, sure, but you'll see it seep into many opinions. Even SCOTUS commented on this view. Only wanting to watch athletes as long as they aren't making the market rate. The ones that hate to watch rich athletes, especially much younger ones. Lots of jealousy funnels into that conversation sadly.

Otherwise there's not much difference, especially with free transfers now. That will be the tool for mercernaries and they'll keep existing, just as coaches have used it for decades. But hardly anyone complained about them, because they were "professionals" in an "amateur" billion dollar sport...merely by definition 🤔
I don’t think you appreciate what many love about college sports. The passion for your school above anything else. It’s already slipping away. I am already thinking about why should I waste time with recruiting or keeping up with who is on the the team when they may not even be on there when the first game comes around. I don’t care who is making what and don’t want to hear about it. Trying to stay excited about Tennessee while gradually distancing myself from what it is becoming…minor league. I don’t watch professional because there’s no loyalty or passion. It’s a “me” sport. Waiting to see how college football handles this.

And all of Pete's were worth 2 points, yet over 50% were attempted from today's 3 point distance. This helps show why it is more "efficient" in today's game to shoot the 3s. Will never know what his point total would be with the 3s, but it would be huge.
Maybe someone will try to figure it out.

Reactions: DarthVol1
I'm sorry...I can never remember to words to Rocky Top or whatever that song is called

Now Practice!

Lyrics

Wish that I was on ol' Rocky Top
Down in the Tennessee hills
Ain't no smoggy smoke on Rocky Top
Ain't no telephone bills
Once I had a girl on Rocky Top
Half bear, other half cat
Wild as a mink, but sweet as soda pop
I still dream about that
Rocky Top, you'll always be
Home sweet home to me
Good ol' Rocky Top
Rocky Top, Tennessee
Rocky Top, Tennessee
Once two strangers climbed ol' Rocky Top
Lookin' for a moonshine still
Strangers ain't come down from Rocky Top
Reckon they never will
Corn won't grow at all on Rocky Top
Dirt's too rocky by far
That's why all the folks on Rocky Top
Get their corn from a jar
Home sweet home to me
Good ol' Rocky Top
Rocky Top, Tennessee
Rocky Top, Tennessee
I've had years of cramped-up city life
Trapped like a duck in a pen
All I know is it's a pity life
Can't be simple again
Home sweet home to me
Good ol' Rocky Top
Rocky Top, Tennessee
Rocky Top, Tennessee
Rocky Top, Tennessee

If fans were going to rebel, I figured they would have done it off the bat. Then when it became the norm over time, they'd come back.

Still don't get it regardless. Weird joy to only want to watch if they're financially below you 😵‍💫
It doesn't have a damn thing to do with that...that is a stupid remark.

This happens a lot. The more talent and depth a team has (and a weak schedule), the easier to overcome this. Also the more experienced leadership helps.

Yes, I was forever scarred by a Peyton Manning led team losing to Memphis.
That game was not on the players...it was 100% on Phil and his staff. It was pure garbage playcalls.

How did you come to the “financially below you” conclusion? That has nothing to do with it. It’s the belief that money ruins everything eventually. We have not got to eventually yet to see the outcome. And no one was going to protest and boycott. People were just saying they don’t want college sports to end up like pro sports.
This...this...this

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I don’t think you appreciate what many love about college sports. The passion for your school above anything else. It’s already slipping away. I am already thinking about why should I waste time with recruiting or keeping up with who is on the the team when they may not even be on there when the first game comes around. I don’t care who is making what and don’t want to hear about it. Trying to stay excited about Tennessee while gradually distancing myself from what it is becoming…minor league. I don’t watch professional because there’s no loyalty or passion. It’s a “me” sport. Waiting to see how college football handles this.
This...this...this..

Thus concept is too f'n hard to understand for the commie generation.

people should earn a wage, hell it's their bodies they work hard but $100's of millions of dollars? i get that what the market demands. but the bigger problem is ownership.

I guess we can't have a starting lineup tomorrow of: ONE, Viscovi, Mashack, Key, and JJJ. Who would come in and rest the guards? But, that would seem our best bet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back