Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care how big a boy your are, I need your current location so I can come whoop your @$$ where you currently are at.
Johnson City. In the immortal words of a mechanic up ar in Maynardville. 'If at's what turns ya awn, then get down here, RIGHT NOW'!

'I'll be here all day. I live here.'

I recall seeing several posts regarding alternatives to Comcast/xfinity. Our smart TVs have Hulu and we can get YouTube TV. She wants to ensure I can watch the Vols once we pull Comcast. Any suggestions or guidance is appreciated. Thanks
I've had youtube tv for about six months now and i've really enjoyed it.

I recall seeing several posts regarding alternatives to Comcast/xfinity. Our smart TVs have Hulu and we can get YouTube TV. She wants to ensure I can watch the Vols once we pull Comcast. Any suggestions or guidance is appreciated. Thanks
Comcast is a huge company, largest cable provider in the US.

Their TV lineup is really sorry, and their customer service is even worse. They're gluttoness off of their existing subscriber base. Their internet consistently underachieves.

That said their cable plant in TN is very rural, and, unless you have ATT or muni fiber, you're likely stuck paying $80-90 a month just for internet.

As far as TV streaming packages I have no clue. I get all that through work.

Comcast is a huge company, largest cable provider in the US.

Their TV lineup is really sorry, and their customer service is even worse. They're gluttoness off of their existing subscriber base. Their internet consistently underachieves.

That said their cable plant in TN is very rural, and, unless you have ATT or muni fiber, you're likely stuck paying $80-90 a month just for internet.

As far as TV streaming packages I have no clue. I get all that through work.
Yea we are probably keeping them for internet for security and home Wi-Fi as ATT is not available and neighbors have not had good experience with T mobile 5G. For non smart tv’s, I read Roku May be an option?

Sorry to digress from the mayo discussion 😜

Yea we are probably keeping them for internet for security and home Wi-Fi as ATT is not available and neighbors have not had good experience with T mobile 5G. For non smart tv’s, I read Roku May be an option?

Mayo? I would never discuss that.

Roku has an express option, which is essentially software and hardware together. I prefer Roku because of UI. Remote control for kiddos & really nice App through Iphone, or Ipad.

After nearly 2 decades in telecom, T-maybe is a good option in urban settings. I wouldnt recommend it for day to day streaming.

Actually own a little Roku stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volator
Mayo? I would never discuss that.

Roku has an express option, which is essentially software and hardware together. I prefer Roku because of UI. Remote control for kiddos & really nice App through Iphone, or Ipad.

After nearly 2 decades in telecom, T-maybe is a good option in urban settings. I wouldnt recommend it for day to day streaming.

Actually own a little Roku stock.

I was actually in telecom over 3 decades but in finance administration. Company made central office switches and eventually tried to compete with Cisco (that didn’t end well and the company is no more)

I prefer the firestick but both are similar.

Me and my wife have a bundle thru AT&T with their internet + Direct TV Stream service and I never miss even a baseball game. We are very happy with it so far and have a 3 yr price guarantee. Total with taxes is around 175 month for us

I was actually in telecom over 3 decades but in finance administration. Company made central office switches and eventually tried to compete with Cisco (that didn’t end well and the company is no more)
Wait, you're saying that your company (former) was in competition with Cisco, and that didnt bode well?

Yes, Cisco is a bit of a monopoly. Meraki is the sleekest design for hardware, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back