Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not completely anti Woo, I think it kinda adds alittle extra to it. Although point is when I go to a few games a season I tend to notice slightly more participation in the Woo… then rocky top continues on and some of those same people aren’t involved in it. Just one of those things for me

Perhaps suggesting "complacency" was too far.

However, the Florida loss you mentioned was after a big win (Texas), which started the grumblings through their Vandy and Mizzou losses. When they beat Alabama they acted like everyone in the world was wrong to doubt them and they were turning a corner. Then they lost their next two.

I don't think there's anything ridiculous about saying I hope that they learned from those experiences.
This happens a lot. The more talent and depth a team has (and a weak schedule), the easier to overcome this. Also the more experienced leadership helps.

Yes, I was forever scarred by a Peyton Manning led team losing to Memphis.

If we can make the Elite 8, I'll be happy. All those Pearl huggers with their "Pearl took us to an Elite 8 and Barnes hasn't", will have to stfu. If we make the Final Four, I'll be jubilant, and I'll tell all the Pearl huggers to suck it! If we make the championship game, I'll probably go into orgasmic shock, and if we somehow win it all, I'll probably keel over dead with a smile on my face. But we really need to win just one more game so people will shut the hell up about Bruce Pearl.

I mean there are some bad nights to every college basketball season. This year we got bit by them more than we have in the past.

Colorado was the most frustrating loss for me of the season. Was the 2nd game so no real "wear and tear" to point to. They didn't even shoot it lights out from deep. We simply didn't play good enough 2nd half defense AND we had an awful night scoring because we decided shooting 37 3s was the answer.

at Arizona = expected
vs Kentucky thought we could win that one, but shooting 14.3% from deep isn't going to do yourselves any favors.
at Florida head scratcher, but road game mid week after a huge emotional win against Texas
at Vandy and vs Mizzou honestly just some lucky breaks for them to end the game...amazing it happened
at Kentucky no Phillips or JJJ and really needed more from ZZ and Key to help pick up the slack, but didn't get it
at A&M hands down the most frustrating officiating of the season, I get that's their style of play but call it consistently at least
at Auburn first game without ZZ and they were in must-win mode, just too many things against us

The A&M game is extra frustrating when you realize they called just 6 more fouls on us than them, but somehow they shot 20 more FTs...still crazy to see a game where one team hits 4 more FGs, 5 more 3PTs and loses by 5.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
If we can make the Elite 8, I'll be happy. All those Pearl huggers with their "Pearl took us to an Elite 8 and Barnes hasn't", will have to stfu. If we make the Final Four, I'll be jubilant, and I'll tell all the Pearl huggers to suck it! If we make the championship game, I'll probably go into orgasmic shock, and if we somehow win it all, I'll probably keel over dead with a smile on my face. But we really need to win just one more game so people will shut the hell up about Bruce Pearl.

Let's go UT! Win it all or bust!

Reactions: InVOLuntary
If fans were going to rebel, I figured they would have done it off the bat. Then when it became the norm over time, they'd come back.

Still don't get it regardless. Weird joy to only want to watch if they're financially below you 😵‍💫
How did you come to the “financially below you” conclusion? That has nothing to do with it. It’s the belief that money ruins everything eventually. We have not got to eventually yet to see the outcome. And no one was going to protest and boycott. People were just saying they don’t want college sports to end up like pro sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back