Game Thread: (RV/RV) Lady Vols. 56 - (9/9) Virginia Tech 59

I wonder why we never see any former players at our game. I’m watching the UCONN and ND game and think back, it seems like all the top programs have former players at their games and I can’t think of a single game where we see any of ours. Sorry, just a random thought.

You can also put this L on Jackson to she knows how important she is to this team just saying.
Agree with that. Another reason Horston needs to call a team meeting and check her and send a message to the team.

Reactions: djtee
UConn is getting dominated by a Notre Dame team that signed one ranked 2022 prospect in the Top 50 lol.

How good of a coach is Queen Ivey?

South Carolina plays that style.

But you have to have superior athleticism at every position to get away with it in this day and age. It only works if you recruit like they do, and like we used to before Kellie got here.
Exactly big difference. Pat could recruit like dawn if it better. This the style of overpowering your opponents worked with the best overpowering players. We are still playing that style with players who do not over power their opponents. Huge mistake

Reactions: TN1111 and lfvol
Tennessee will be fine! Yes, a disappointing loss. But three critical players unavailable was too much to overcome.

Just some observations about the game.

Horston is a beast. In situations like today (missing three players) she must be more selfish. Two turnovers on passes to Key and Suarez, when she should have shot the ball.

We played man-to-man defense with no switching for at least three quarters. If you are going to play-it you can not go under the screens. As good as Jordan is she got burned three times off of a Kitley screen. As Jordan went under the screen Amore hit three uncontested shots. Although, Suarez is a good player she had a difficult day. A late whistle resulted in a walking call just as Horston hit a banked three. No basket. A second late walking call on Suarez occurred as Key hit a jumper. No basket. A wide open layup was fumbled out of bounds. Five points taken off the board and a layup not recorded. Tough night.

On defense we are not connected. In the second half. Suarez switched to get Walker's man. Walker didn't switch. Wide open three. In the first half, Powell saged off her man to help Key in the post ( I know right). Ball gets reversed thrown back out front. Wide open three. First two layups came off blow-bys on Darby. No help defense. Resulting in two uncontested layups. Two of VT's threes came off offensive rebounds and a wide open shooter as Puckett tried but failed to recover.

We played poor on offense but our inability to find, stay with and close out three point shooters cost us the game.

If we could switch more often and also play help defense (watch the men's team) we could be a very good defensive team. As far as Suarez, no offense but I prefer Puckett.

Reactions: 37620VOL
Pat stepped away more than 10 years ago, has been gone for 6, and remains a legend….but her style, and Hollie’s style, and Kellie’s style were eclipsed at least 15 years ago. Not easy to admit and it’s not a criticism of any of them. Either Kellie will evolve or more years in the wilderness seem likely.
Love this. So factual .

Was it marijuana?
To me she’s been testing Kellie. If it was drugs it’ll be in the time off. A football player told me “team violations” means drugs or grades. This might fall under the first with the timing of grades not until later this month.

If Jackson is a cancer, let her go!!
Don’t think she’s a cancer now. This board has an identity to attack the players then scream they need to play harder. Those two don’t go hand in hand ever. We gotta start somewhere fixing this trend seriously . These are teenage girls if anything attack the coach which seems to be forbidden smh

Don’t think she’s a cancer now. This board has an identity to attack the players then scream they need to play harder. Those two don’t go hand in hand ever. We gotta start somewhere fixing this trend seriously . These are teenage girls if anything attack the coach which seems to be forbidden smh

Bingo. This is ridiculous. They don’t even know or state exactly what happened. I don’t even trust what the coach is saying to the media at this point.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
I'm believing the SEC is crap other than four teams so hopefully this is true. Jillian had concussion protocol as did Franklin evidently they collided in practice. Jackson seems to be a violation of a rule as she didn't look sick today. Always a possibility that it is health related though still no word except she was out. Jillian and Franklin was explained.

Teams 5 through 8 in the SEC right now are 29 and 4. Is that crap? Also, are you counting TN as one of the four teams that aren't crap? Right now Missouri has as big a win (UMass) as the Lady Vols -- and four fewer losses. Georgia has wins over GaTech and Wisconsin. Ole Miss only loss was by two points to #17 Utah. Who are the four teams you are referring to?

plenty of blame to go around, but to your point it starts and ends with CKH

Teams 5 through 8 in the SEC right now are 29 and 4. Is that crap? Also, are you counting TN as one of the four teams that aren't crap? Right now Missouri has as big a win (UMass) as the Lady Vols -- and four fewer losses. Georgia has wins over GaTech and Wisconsin. Ole Miss only loss was by two points to #17 Utah. Who are the four teams you are referring to?
They haven't played anybody worth anything. That would include Vandy, Miss St, Georgia, Florida, Texas A&M, and Auburn. The Best teams are SC, LSU, and Arkansas, Ole Miss and Missouri are decent.

Not so much entertaining instead alarming that it’s getting football fans to take notice in how fast the descent to terrible is going

A brand of millions of fans. Some here believe only a select few get to have opinions of validation.

I like how you phrased that. “alarming that it’s getting football fans to take notice in how fast the descent to terrible is going”

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
Not so much entertaining instead alarming that it’s getting football fans to take notice in how fast the descent to terrible is going
200w.gif

Thats for you and the idiot who liked your post.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back