Game Thread: (RV/RV) Lady Vols. 56 - (9/9) Virginia Tech 59

Just unfortunate that both Hollingshead and Franklin had concussion injuries. They would have to be considered two of our best 8 players. Then whatever with Rickea if not an injury then needs to be resolved fast she is our top offensive player along with Jordan Horston and we see what the offense looks like with those three players out. Nothing wrong with the way we played defense after the first quarter, but you seldom winning putting 56 points on the board. The bad luck this team's had thus far has been enormous. Again injuries and some of our own making.
Key can play against bigs Kitley probably hopes she don't see her anymore.

Still have a huge problem with the lineups and usage
-Marta was a having success inside the first half, why was she on the perimeter trying to take ppl off the dribble 2nd half
-Powell and Walker were getting done something nasty all game. Yet still only seen BK for a minute
-Sara outside shot has been off but she’s been money around the block, so why not use her there this game.
-someone please ask Kellie why does she wait until the game is almost over to try and gain momentum by switching D

Hiring from the summitt tree is ruining the program. Sorry my personal opinion . Her style of
Play is not a fit for success in todays game that’s become more 1 on 1 individual playmaking. We’re “attempting” to play the old school lady vol way without the talent of the old school lady vols teams.

South Carolina plays that style.

But you have to have superior athleticism at every position to get away with it in this day and age. It only works if you recruit like they do, and like we used to before Kellie got here.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
Was that a drawn up play? , I got to know. Every one on this team think their the zhitt. Jordan , Keys, Powell and Rickea ( Shame on you ) are your focus point .
Let me tell it like colors .
You have primary colors (listed above) , they make your secondary colors ( not you Marta ) .
Now let's make a masterpiece., Kellie or we will Michealego your PicASSo out of here.
We need more of Rocky hands high on the steps of the Philadelphia Art Museum.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
Hope today is a sign of things to come for Tamari. Definitely her best game of the season, 11 points, 7 boards, 3 blocks, and assist and a steal. Held Kitley (the ACC player of the year) to 6 points on 3-13 shooting.
I'm a TK fan...she's in her 4th year...after last season, she should be playing much better than this!![hands down]...She's the tallest player on the court and should be avg at least or close to a double-double...She's has been really needed this season and hasn't shown up yet!! Lady Vols, with all of the TO's should have won [again] today ☹😬

Considering the terrible offensive system in place, I can live with Horston taking the last two shots.

Don’t think the offensive system is at fault today. It’s players that cannot hit shots that cost the team today. Shooting was atrocious except for Horston and Key,but Horston missed two game tying shots in the last ten seconds of the game although without her play the Lady Vols would not have been in a position to even try to tie at that point. Team played really hard but could not offset the poor shooting. Ladies were really hurt by the absence of Jackson,Franklin and Hollingshead. Those old bugaboos—foul shots and inability to guard three point shooters reared their head again.

You can’t bring Kellie back next year if this team misses the tournament. You just can’t. This team was expected to contend for a Final Four!
that’s the kicker. They were expected to compete for a final four. Ranked 5th to start the season.

Reactions: Voluble2
This is number nine and they beat us on our turf. Crazz,zzy. Marta needs to recognize that she's not the one.
Rickea , whatever you did this one is on you.
Yes it is watching Marta have all these shots around the rim that would have been Jackson shots. She would have had a field day offensively. This team is missing one vital piece 2 guard. Maybe going forward we would be better playing big with Horston at 2 Jackson at 3 then whoever at 4 that earns it. Sorry Tess and Walker in these 5 losses just can't play with these teams. Loved the fight however rebounding much better. One game at a time. In CHRIST Alone

Don’t think the offensive system is at fault today. It’s players that cannot hit shots that cost the team today. Shooting was atrocious except for Horston and Key,but Horston missed two game tying shots in the last ten seconds of the game although without her play the Lady Vols would not have been in a position to even try to tie at that point. Team played really hard but could not offset the poor shooting. Ladies were really hurt by the absence of Jackson,Franklin and Hollingshead. Those old bugaboos—foul shots and inability to guard three point shooters reared their head again.
That’s what I’ve been saying

You sensitive lady Vol fans need to be on meds. I am a realist, this team has no coaching and no chemistry. We just got beat on our home floor by a perennial middle of the road ACC team. My dog jumped up and turned the channel. He said he had had enough of this lady Vol team.

VN Store

Back