Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
UT is not losing any coach we want to keep because of $$$. And we have other perks in our bag of tricks. But if someone wants to be somewhere else, we're going to let them go because the all-in culture UT has built requires investment on both sides. They have to want to be at UT and fully committed to what we're building.

UT is not losing any coach we want to keep because of $$$. And we have other perks in our bag of tricks. But if someone wants to be somewhere else, we're going to let them go because the all-in culture UT has built requires investment on both sides. They have to want to be at UT and fully committed to what we're building.
Any insight as to what Heupel's upcoming raise may look like?

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Heupel to the NFL confirmed

I get this idea, but I'm never blaming someone who leaves if they upgrade. If they have HC aspirations and move on then kudos to them.

Just not working out at RB would be my guess. We have a tight end as our short yardage back right now. It isn't like there isn't a need there.

Yeah, for a big back it's a harder transition I think from HS to D1. Your size/strength essentially means jack all going against SEC level DL/LB. So if you're not good/great in other areas you're not likely to pan out. Especially since it's rare for RBs to get 25-30 carries anymore.

I think with his speed and size JWT could for sure be a force as an ILB for us.

No way Auburn boosters would allow a coordinator to get the head coaching job there.
It’s really a no brainer to go after Kiffin. He has done well at Ole Miss and will get better players at Auburn.

It feels good to not be threatened about who other programs hire, because we now have the best coach and AD in the country.

In the middle of the season, as low on RB numbers as we are? And they still have Whitehead at RB?? Something’s up there… JWT looks much more like a natural RB than LW.

Has to be JWT who wanted to make the switch is what it means to me. And he likely felt doing it now with 4-6 games left would give him an advantage going into the spring camp with some season work under his belt at the new position.

I think he also could still be a RS candidate (don't think he's played in more than 4 games). RB room probably doesn't lose anyone next season, ILB likely loses 3 or 4 guys.

I get this idea, but I'm never blaming someone who leaves if they upgrade. If they have HC aspirations and move on then kudos to them.

That's always a cost of hiring good people. Our best guys may get offers, and there are some things that can't be matched-- the chance to be an HC, coach at an alma mater, be closer to family, etc. But if it's all about money, UT can match... if it's someone UT feels strongly about keeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back