Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a feeling that auburn fans are going to be extremely disappointed with their next coach hire. No one is going to want to go to that dumpster fire and deal with those boosters.

incoming Kevin Steele lol.
Greg Schiano is an amazing coach who has no shady past history at all. He HAS to be atop the list.

Opelika-Auburn Newspaper listed 22 candidates for the Tigers job and Alex Golesh is on the list. Others on the list: Muschamp, Monken, Chadwell, Josh Gattis, Gundy, Leipold.....
I'd have to think Golesh has heard enough of our horror stories to know that Auburn needs to get their whole Admin straightened out or it's a waste of time to jump into that mess.

It should be considered that Auburn AD John Cohen overlapped as Mullen's AD at Mississippi State for about a year, but they were peers in Starkville since Mullen arrived. Cohen was hired as the baseball coach around the same time Mullen was hired in 2006/2007.

I still can't believe Cohen left Starkville. But Auburn is doubling his salary.

Mullen isn't even a full year removed from being fired at Florida, seriously doubt the boosters would want a retread with that fresh of failure in an easier to recruit location.

It should be considered that Auburn AD John Cohen overlapped as Mullen's AD at Mississippi State for about a year, but they were peers in Starkville since Mullen arrived. Cohen was hired as the baseball coach around the same time Mullen was hired in 2006/2007.

I still can't believe Cohen left Starkville. But Auburn is doubling his salary.

The last 2 AD's at MSU have left, and they were both alums. I sent a MSU friend of mine a text on Saturday and said I would only think about Auburn if they were doubling my pay. That's crazy. My buddy said he was indifferent about it, but there are some who didn't care that he left. He made some great hires at MSU, but he made some really poor ones as well.

Interesting...did he play LB in HS? I'm not against it and if that's something he wanted to do then I like it. Just makes me think the staff is preparing to lose more than just Mitchell/Page III from that group.
Just not working out at RB would be my guess. We have a tight end as our short yardage back right now. It isn't like there isn't a need there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back