Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be JWT who wanted to make the switch is what it means to me. And he likely felt doing it now with 4-6 games left would give him an advantage going into the spring camp with some season work under his belt at the new position.

I think he also could still be a RS candidate (don't think he's played in more than 4 games). RB room probably doesn't lose anyone next season, ILB likely loses 3 or 4 guys.
I hope so, but it doesn’t usually happen that way with RBs wanting to transition to LBs as freshmen. They usually want the ball

I mean no offense to JWT, but that'd be an upgrade...of course you'd only have Tank for a season or two. Would have to assume Small is moving on if that happens though.
If nothing changes in our RB room, I could see Wright over taking Small as the starter next season. Small is really good in oass pro though.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
That's always a cost of hiring good people. Our best guys may get offers, and there are some things that can't be matched-- the chance to be an HC, coach at an alma mater, be closer to family, etc. But if it's all about money, UT can match... if it's someone UT feels strongly about keeping.
That's very re assuring in 2 ways.
1. TN is ready to pony up the big bucks.
2. If we lose someone Heupel probably has someone better to replace them in mind.

So UGA will most likely be without their leading pass rusher. Interior of the OL going to need to play well against Jalen Carter. I have plenty of faith they will and the OL overall will.
We shut down that bama pass rush. Mutt fans got me laughing that they think their pass rush is better. Our O line will keep eating that game

Have to imagine Auburn takes a huge swing at Kiffin first. I can't imagine he'd refuse a ticket out of Mississippi.

Also imagine if so, he will have some monster recruiting. Will be tough competition for any and all good transfer portal players.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
The last 2 AD's at MSU have left, and they were both alums. I sent a MSU friend of mine a text on Saturday and said I would only think about Auburn if they were doubling my pay. That's crazy. My buddy said he was indifferent about it, but there are some who didn't care that he left. He made some great hires at MSU, but he made some really poor ones as well.
He hasn't had the best career but it hasn't been bad. If State doesn't want this to happen they should be paying their AD's more.

Cohen "lost" Mullen and Vic Schaefer (WBB - made them 2x NCAA runner's up). Then he hired Joe Moorhead who lasted 1 season before he fired him and hired Mike Leach. But... both of those hires were considered very good hires at the time.

Women's basketball he hired Nikki McCray-Penson (Lady Vol and Women's BB Hall of Famer) who was Dawn Staley's #1 assistant at SoCar. She resigned like midway through her first season for "health reasons" and they had an interim for the rest of the season and next season. That hire was a homerun, until it wasn't. Now they have Sam Purcell who's been an assistant at Louisville and Auburn.
In Baseball Cohen replaced himself with Andy Cannizaro from LSU. 3 games into his second season he resigned because he was having an affair with a football staff assistant. Then Cohen hired current coach Chris Lemonis - the good is Lemonis brought a national title. The bad is he went 26-30 last year.
Cohen fired Ben Howland in March and replaced him with New Mexico State head coach Chris Jans. So we will see how that goes.

Overall.... not a stellar record of success in the hiring department.

He's played 3 and one was the "free" COVID season. I'd assume he's only playing one more season either way, but think he technically has 2 left.

If he’s listening to the right people he will go pro. RBs have a very limited shelf life in the NFL and he already has 3 years and 471 carries in his CFB career. Im not sure another stellar season moves him all that much up the draft either.

Should have came to us this summer but he got his bag at Auburn and stayed. He’s NFL bound after this year probably.

Depends on if he just wants to go and grind in the NFL earlier or if he wants to try and get drafted as high as possible.

6th in conference in rushing yards at 587
14th in conference in YPC at 5.3
9th in conference in rushing yards at 7

He's only on pace for 880 rushing yards since Auburn likely doesn't make a bowl this year (still have to play Miss State, A&M and Bama). I don't think he'll get a great draft grade unless he has some serious production over these last 4 games.

I think if the reason for the dismissal of Brenton Cox is accurate that's a huge red flag for Napier long term down there. He and their delusional fans can try to paint it as a "cultural" thing, but I remember when Jennings was kicked off the team...such a huge mistake. One of the few things Pruitt got right in his time here was putting him back on the team. You have to have some dogs in that locker room, if you can't control them then you're not the guy for the job.

Another great example look at how well this staff has handled Banks.

Don’t think this one is a Napier problem

Forgot about this great moment…

I've watched this 100 times (really helps that it's a short clip)

This is the product of hard work and excellent coaching.

Not a single hesitation. Even the WRs who are spread out knew exactly what to do and where to be set up.

I have no idea how this was communicated in so fast or if they put the play on the call before on the chance they didn't get the first down from 3rd down. But it is so absurdly fast. Especially on a play most coaches would spend some time thinking about play vs punt and which play and then relay that to the players who have to make sure everyone is on the same page.
So impressive. Might be one of my favorite overall plays this year.

If he’s listening to the right people he will go pro. RBs have a very limited shelf life in the NFL and he already has 3 years and 471 carries in his CFB career. Im not sure another stellar season moves him all that much up the draft either.

True, but with the way NFL rookie contracts are structure being a mid to late rounder could potentially be less $ than a stout NIL deal at a top school.

Just depends on what Tank's goals are, I think we'd be at the top of his list IF he's planning to take the free transfer and try and ball out for another season in college to increase draft stock.

I've watched this 100 times (really helps that it's a short clip)

This is the product of hard work and excellent coaching.

Not a single hesitation. Even the WRs who are spread out knew exactly what to do and where to be set up.

I have no idea how this was communicated in so fast or if they put the play on the call before on the chance they didn't get the first down from 3rd down. But it is so absurdly fast. Especially on a play most coaches would spend some time thinking about play vs punt and which play and then relay that to the players who have to make sure everyone is on the same page.
So impressive. Might be one of my favorite overall plays this year.

Lol UK’s poor coaching staff. Baffled

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back