Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mullen won't come back to the SEC...he was set for life at Mississippi State, jumped to Florida I don't think he'd want another taste of SEC expectations and Auburn is showing with how they've handled that job that they are delusional with their expectations.

Still not sure if Sankey has an unspoken ban on Freeze or what, but his previous success in conference and the fact so many jobs have opened up and he wasn't a legit candidate is questionable.

Deion will play the long game, he's waiting on the P5 job -he- wants, not just waiting on a P5 job.

Rhule and Kiffin seems the most realistic of your list imo.
I've said all along, Freeze was busted solely for beating Bama two years in a row. And the Birmingham office's policy from the beginning has been: No one but Alabama is allowed to hire him.

a8c82527-ae78-4355-944c-d14abdc80c8a_text.gif

It seemed to really hurt him. Disagree strongly with your whole second paragraph. Hoke let’s him play against Vandy after sitting out the season with an injury and he’s not around another season…much less two. And he wasn’t predestined for the NFL. He WORKED for it. He was hit and miss previously and had a defective/entitled mentality. Going on a profanity laden SOCIAL MEDIA tirade screamed judgement issues. Didn’t see it again from him. Hyams reported he missed tons of class time in 2017 and you have to wonder HOW MUCH he “wanted to play.” Got no fond memories of Hoke but that was sound and eventful decision making. I don’t see how anybody could argue with the RESULTS.

The RESULTS are from Pruitt not Hoke. And Hyams reporting isn't exactly 100% factual, so I take anything that idiot says with a grain of salt. I will say Jennings handled it as well as you could imagine, but if Hoke had somehow remained here we would have likely never seen JJ again in Orange & White.

But you're welcome to the opinion you have, I disagree though. But nothing else to say on the matter.

Mullen won't come back to the SEC...he was set for life at Mississippi State, jumped to Florida I don't think he'd want another taste of SEC expectations and Auburn is showing with how they've handled that job that they are delusional with their expectations.

Still not sure if Sankey has an unspoken ban on Freeze or what, but his previous success in conference and the fact so many jobs have opened up and he wasn't a legit candidate is questionable.

Deion will play the long game, he's waiting on the P5 job -he- wants, not just waiting on a P5 job.

Rhule and Kiffin seems the most realistic of your list imo.
It should be considered that Auburn AD John Cohen overlapped as Mullen's AD at Mississippi State for about a year, but they were peers in Starkville since Mullen arrived. Cohen was hired as the baseball coach around the same time Mullen was hired in 2006/2007.

I still can't believe Cohen left Starkville. But Auburn is doubling his salary.

Kiffin (hasn’t missed an opportunity to express how much he wants out of Oxford and how bad the fans are)
Freeze (if he hasn’t signed his new deal yet)
Mullen (does he really want to recruit at that level again)
Rhule (has absolutely no reason to coach but would tow the line for the boosters)
Dion ( can’t see this happening for anyone but FSU and by some accounts even that won’t happen)
Deon is going to end up at GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back