Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can find a way to win Saturday, make GA and AL close and competitive, and win the others we are supposed to, I definitely think this staff sees some flips come signing day... Especially at WR if we keep up this offense. Maybe a few will feel bad for our secondary and come to help/start LOL.
Gotta stay healthy....

I’m confident. I’ll bet you $1k we don’t lose this Saturday

SMH... tap the breaks... one game at a time... LSU, AL, GA, KY...
We need to fix the secondary first... We don't improve/address issues on defense, this is just hype...

We don’t need to fix ish to win. Would it be nice if the D was awesome? Sure. But every team has a weakness. And we can win with elite offense for now and just a smidge of help from the defense. Doesn’t mean we will win, but I bet nobody left on our schedule wants to play us

Why would any Elite WR or any player on offense not want to come and be a part of this offense in this type of atmosphere right now? And it's just warming up with who we have on deck... really hoping Milton can take the next step...

The Cardinals were and still are my team but grew up with them boys with Jim Ray Hart..Terry Metcalf..Jackie Smith..the original cardiac cards.
I was competing at powerlifting meet back in the day when Bob Young pulled up. He was a large human😂
He was with Terry Todd the strength and conditioning coach at Auburn.

I have a question, brought on by a conversation at work the other day: how do YOU do your biscuits and gravy??

Me, I split the biscuits, add 3 over easy eggs (hashbrowns also work well here if available), coat liberally with chunky sausage gravy, top with hot sauce (whatever I have at hand, usually Louisiana Hot Sauce cause I like the flavor better), and down the hatch.

One of my coworkers doesn't split their biscuits and just puts the gravy down. My wife puts strawberry jelly on her biscuits before adding the gravy. Cool, to each their own.

The truck driver that was in the waiting area (and was part of the conversation).....y'all......if I prayed, this fella would be #1 on my prayer list. This dude point blank looked at me and my coworkers and said "the only way I can do biscuits and gravy is with the gravy on the side so I can break up my biscuits and dip them in the gravy". I AIN'T NEVER HEARD SOMEONE SAY THAT, did I miss a memo or something??

I’ll fight a midwesterner and northeasterner to the death. I’ve had these arguments with those folks that biscuits are the best of the breakfast breads.

Biscuits>>>>bagels and muffins and whatever other dough you want for breakfast

I have a question, brought on by a conversation at work the other day: how do YOU do your biscuits and gravy??

Me, I split the biscuits, add 3 over easy eggs (hashbrowns also work well here if available), coat liberally with chunky sausage gravy, top with hot sauce (whatever I have at hand, usually Louisiana Hot Sauce cause I like the flavor better), and down the hatch.

One of my coworkers doesn't split their biscuits and just puts the gravy down. My wife puts strawberry jelly on her biscuits before adding the gravy. Cool, to each their own.

The truck driver that was in the waiting area (and was part of the conversation).....y'all......if I prayed, this fella would be #1 on my prayer list. This dude point blank looked at me and my coworkers and said "the only way I can do biscuits and gravy is with the gravy on the side so I can break up my biscuits and dip them in the gravy". I AIN'T NEVER HEARD SOMEONE SAY THAT, did I miss a memo or something??

I love this double post glitch

Let me start by saying John Adams is an idiot and I have no clue how he actually gets paid for the article he writes. Has anyone read his recent article about the sound system in Neyland? He quotes people who have written to him saying the sound system is way too loud and the flashing lights are too much. One of them said described it as being at a rock concert. Maybe there are some here on VN that feel that way but I feel that's what makes us special. If they want a more subtle game day experience maybe try becoming a Vandy fan. My argument would be that's probably one of the reasons they historically have very bad attendance (although they also stink).

But seriously are there a lot of people out there that feel this way? My biggest complaint about the gameday experience in Neyland has to do with the non-existent wifi and the terrible phone service due to the number of people. Every survey I get from UT I try to remind them that's it's 2022 and there is no reason for us to be lacking in this department.

Maybe it just rubbed me the wrong way. Can't wait until Adams and Kesling retire.

I want to see a all Orange Neyland for Bama or all black. Not all white , it will look as if we are copying Penn St.
Both teams undefeated , college game day will be back with even more hype.
I really don't think GameDay will be back. Originally I did but then I looked at the schedule. Michigan and Penn State play that week and I suspect they would go there. But anything can happen.

I think and Orange out would be pretty cool!

Reactions: drvenner
Why would any Elite WR or any player on offense not want to come and be a part of this offense in this type of atmosphere right now? And it's just warming up with who we have on deck... really hoping Milton can take the next step...

Super early overreaction by me here but the way our QB room is shaping up through 2026 is kinda how Clemson got white hot with Boyd, Watson, then eventually landing Lawerence. It always starts with Elite QB play.

I hope Hooker can stay the course this year, pray Milton can hold down the ship for 1 year before turning the reigns over to Nico and/or TJ in 2024 and beyond.

We don’t need to fix ish to win. Would it be nice if the D was awesome? Sure. But every team has a weakness. And we can win with elite offense for now and just a smidge of help from the defense. Doesn’t mean we will win, but I bet nobody left on our schedule wants to play us

Breaking down…coming in under control and tackling in space….would do this defense wonders.

I’ll fight a midwesterner and northeasterner to the death. I’ve had these arguments with those folks that biscuits are the best of the breakfast breads.

Biscuits>>>>bagels and muffins and whatever other dough you want for breakfast

Bagel sandwich over biscuit sandwich. Not even close. Biscuits are by far the worst of the breakfast bread options.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra

I think the defense plays better going forward. We can't forget the defense was the reason we won the Pitt game imo. We need to stick to that Pitt gameplan for now on especially since we know our offense is game for a shootout if need be. Press man and be hella aggressive for 60 mins.

I do not eat chicken fetuses unless they're in baked goods, but yes, gravy goes over the biscuit. I really don't care if the biscuit is split or not. I dipped as a child, but I've been a man for a long time now. You should have slapped him.

Reactions: DeusExMachina

The cast of Seinfeld eat their biscuits and gravy the exact same way you do.

Vol Nation,

I don't normally ask, but I would appreciate any prayers, thoughts, and positive wishes. My wife just left for a 6 month deployment. We have a 4 year old and an 18 month old that are going to miss their mom and I'm going to miss my wife. I'm in the military too so this isn't going to be the easiest 6 months for all of us. I'm just pretty down right now and I'm grateful for any positivity thrown our way.
Thank you to you and your family for the sacrifices you are making. I'm a veteran but was single and kid less back in those days and can't imagine what you're going through. I'm sure it's seems like a daunting path when you're at the beginning brother. Keep your head up and a positive attitude for the little ones and it will be over before you know it my friend. If there is anything I can do I'd be more than willing. Prayers for you and your family!

Well. We won by 5 and we have 3 teams at least left on our schedule with MUCH better offenses than Florida.

We are a good team, regardless. But the team is fixing one position group away from a team that can play for championships. So... You know.. I hope the coaches don't pull a Butch Jones and say 9 wins is good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back