Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defend the pass, he *will* burn you with his feet. Defend the run, he *may* burn you with his arm.

It was the right call. If we had a secondary, it would have been even more clear.
I'm not debating the merit of the strategy...I don't have an issue with it. Based on what he had shown up to that point... It made sense, certainly.

That doesn't mean we're ok with, or that we allowed him to go off like he did...

That wasn't there plan, and even being willing to live with result of playing him that way... Nobody saw that coming

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
A game we were up by 17 in with 7 minutes to go? Fine by me.
Oh I'm not mad about the result lol.

Just in terms of what to expect from a qb that's been maligned as a passer... I'm gonna pass on passing judgement. I'll take the W every time regardless of what numbers the other qb puts up. But I'd rather not watch a dude put up more yards and TD's in one game than he had all season, combined, while expecting the second coming of JG... LOL.

And AR made, quite literally, ZERO mistakes throwing the ball. And we still won and were up 3 scores with 6 minutes to play. I’ll take that every single week. If AR had made a wrong read and thrown a pick in Q1-Q3 (something he did every game until ours because he, wisely, threw the ball away many times Saturday) we would have won by 20+ and the whole 4Q would’ve been a chill party. Sign me up again, please.
I'm not against the result lol. If we win I'll never care about the other teams numbers.

Just taking about qbs and what we should expect...I think it's safe to say expectations v reality don't always matchup...a la AR against us.

I'm not debating the merit of the strategy...I don't have an issue with it. Based on what he had shown up to that point... It made sense, certainly.

That doesn't mean we're ok with, or that we allowed him to go off like he did...

That wasn't there plan, and even being willing to live with result of playing him that way... Nobody saw that coming

I wasn‘t debating. Just summarizing the choices.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I want to see a all Orange Neyland for Bama or all black. Not all white , it will look as if we are copying Penn St.
Both teams undefeated , college game day will be back with even more hype.

Reactions: VolNash17
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back