Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the house is shuttered down here in Sarasota. Wish us Florida Vols well down here. I am not in the flood zone that requires evacuation. About 4 miles east of the water of the Bay. A lot of people are going to be hurting soon. Have the volunteer spirit ready to help if you’re able to. I will be helping my elderly neighbors today. God bless Vols!

Well, the house is shuttered down here in Sarasota. Wish us Florida Vols well down here. I am not in the flood zone that requires evacuation. About 4 miles east of the water of the Bay. A lot of people are going to be hurting soon. Have the volunteer spirit ready to help if you’re able to. I will be helping my elderly neighbors today. God bless Vols!

Be safe. We pray for safety, protection and peace.

Vol Nation,

I don't normally ask, but I would appreciate any prayers, thoughts, and positive wishes. My wife just left for a 6 month deployment. We have a 4 year old and an 18 month old that are going to miss their mom and I'm going to miss my wife. I'm in the military too so this isn't going to be the easiest 6 months for all of us. I'm just pretty down right now and I'm grateful for any positivity thrown our way.
Prayers up for all the family.........Thank you both for your service as well!

Vol Nation,

I don't normally ask, but I would appreciate any prayers, thoughts, and positive wishes. My wife just left for a 6 month deployment. We have a 4 year old and an 18 month old that are going to miss their mom and I'm going to miss my wife. I'm in the military too so this isn't going to be the easiest 6 months for all of us. I'm just pretty down right now and I'm grateful for any positivity thrown our way.

Baby sister and her husband are both active Army. She ended up in Korea for a year while husband stayed stateside with a 1 and 3 year old. No sugar coating it, it was difficult...but...it actually allowed her husband to grow closer to the kids, and I think they are still closer today (10 years later) because of it.

I was somewhat disappointed when I heard it was Heupel. I definitely did not want Malzahn though. And, yes, Woke Dan remains a chode.

When Tennessee hired kiffin, (not excited) justified 😐
Was excited for dooley. Not justified 😐
Was meh about butch justified 😐
Was excited for pruitt…just shoot me now. Not justified 😐

Was okay with Coach Heupel. Then as I read more and more about him, ecstatic. Justified 😎 effing finally!

15-0 🤠

Not football related, except indirectly. The success of football in particular as well as basketball and baseball leads to more kids from Tennessee wanting to be on Vols athletic teams. I doubt many folks will argue with that. Recruiting is recruiting, as coaches you go wherever the talent is. However, if wherever is in-state, all the better in my book.

Take a look at the high schools of our starting five Vol golfers on the #12 golf team in the nation that are playing for the SEC match play championship today are from.

Hall’s Runner-Up Finish Leads Vols to SEC Match Play Championship Final - University of Tennessee Athletics

Just sayin'...

Listen, I love Checker Neyland but we stole the idea from Oklahoma after our game in Norman during the 2014 season.
I think what you're remembering is that OU did the stripes in their stadium for that game and we said, "Let's do it better when we play them next year." But we had done it in TBA before.

Yuck. They can't be us.

"Our students aren't smart enough to figure out what color to wear for their section so just all students wear Blue. It'll totally f*** up the pattern but oh well."

Meanwhile Tennessee's student section has like 6 independent color blocks. One of which cuts a stadium section in half (not divided by stairs) and we figure it out.

Vol Nation,

Thank you and your wife for the sacrifices you make to insure our freedoms. May He comfort you and protect her. It will seem like eternity but in reality it will pass by very quick. Hang in there.

Last edited:
Vol Nation,

You got them 🙏 Thank you both for your sacrifice.

Vol Nation,

Prayers for protection for your wife, peace and comfort for your children, and endurance and resolve for yourself. Hang in there!

If we had to prioritize our remaining targets, how would y'all guess that hierarchy would look? I'm guessing something like:

1) Daevin Hobbs
2) Elijah Davis (JUCO)
3) Tomarrion Parker
4) Arion Carter
5) Traylon Ray

I'm not including already committed guys because I have no idea how legitimate their interest is in flipping, but obviously Faulk and Mauigoa are in there if there is a legit chance of flipping them.

Of those 5 above, what are our chances with each?

My wife commented on Bru without knowing his identity that “he didn’t look like he was running really fast.” But he’s constantly open whilst getting himself back into playing condition. Imagine the product afterwards. I bring this up because Hooker (understandably) looks for Tillman and then others in his reads. An adjustment in the bye week could unlock an explosive component in this offense.
Hold me close lads…
I’m starting to entertain beating either UGA or Bama

View attachment 494610

64788A30-02E2-484B-B0E3-7B64345A65B6.gif

C819215B-2E6F-4112-B820-78214F24A1A8.gif

15-0 🤠

Prayers up!

My daughter and her husband rented an AirBnB for the week on Siesta for their honeymoon. They just called and are packing up and going back to Knoxville.

I don't feel.sorry for them though..When she was asking me where they should go for their honeymoon a few months ago, and asked about Florida or the Carribean, I told her they should go out west somewhere to the northern Rockies where the aspens are turning instead because it was the middle of hurricane season down there in late september.

😁

we're in Coral springs, have been watching this thing for days waiting for them to put us back in the cone and come hard across the state. We are praying for our West coasters down here in south Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back