Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
200.gif

I have a question, brought on by a conversation at work the other day: how do YOU do your biscuits and gravy??

Me, I split the biscuits, add 3 over easy eggs (hashbrowns also work well here if available), coat liberally with chunky sausage gravy, top with hot sauce (whatever I have at hand, usually Louisiana Hot Sauce cause I like the flavor better), and down the hatch.

One of my coworkers doesn't split their biscuits and just puts the gravy down. My wife puts strawberry jelly on her biscuits before adding the gravy. Cool, to each their own.

The truck driver that was in the waiting area (and was part of the conversation).....y'all......if I prayed, this fella would be #1 on my prayer list. This dude point blank looked at me and my coworkers and said "the only way I can do biscuits and gravy is with the gravy on the side so I can break up my biscuits and dip them in the gravy". I AIN'T NEVER HEARD SOMEONE SAY THAT, did I miss a memo or something??
I’ve always ripped my biscuit into little pieces and then put the gravy on

Well, the house is shuttered down here in Sarasota. Wish us Florida Vols well down here. I am not in the flood zone that requires evacuation. About 4 miles east of the water of the Bay. A lot of people are going to be hurting soon. Have the volunteer spirit ready to help if you’re able to. I will be helping my elderly neighbors today. God bless Vols!
Stay safe, brother

I just think they were a bad crew. AR'S rushing touchdown... He was over the goal line on top of the pile and they marked it a yard short?

I mean, fine with me and all... But goodness... They missed a lot on both sides... And if nothing else I can say that. Probably why I haven't spent too much time discussing the refs.

That, and we won.😁

That with Small's clear TD (entire body over the line) and not one single holding penalty the entire day on FL while Richardson ran back and forth all day...
I am noticing officiating crews seem to be only getting worse and not better, and it's subjective calling depending on the game and location.

I have a question, brought on by a conversation at work the other day: how do YOU do your biscuits and gravy??

Me, I split the biscuits, add 3 over easy eggs (hashbrowns also work well here if available), coat liberally with chunky sausage gravy, top with hot sauce (whatever I have at hand, usually Louisiana Hot Sauce cause I like the flavor better), and down the hatch.

One of my coworkers doesn't split their biscuits and just puts the gravy down. My wife puts strawberry jelly on her biscuits before adding the gravy. Cool, to each their own.

The truck driver that was in the waiting area (and was part of the conversation).....y'all......if I prayed, this fella would be #1 on my prayer list. This dude point blank looked at me and my coworkers and said "the only way I can do biscuits and gravy is with the gravy on the side so I can break up my biscuits and dip them in the gravy". I AIN'T NEVER HEARD SOMEONE SAY THAT, did I miss a memo or something??
I break my biscuits up in bitesize pieces, pile them up, and then cover them with gravy. Stab and eat

SMH... tap the breaks... one game at a time... LSU, AL, GA, KY...
We need to fix the secondary first... We don't improve/address issues on defense, this is just hype...
Actually... It's not. We've at least for some results to show at this point. The opportunity is there. Made possible by winning.

And this team I think deals with this kind of stuff better than some other teams, and coaches, have in the past.

And while I won't tell you we're definitely winning all of those games, I will say we can win any of them.

In that regard... The praise, and hype, have been earned up to this point.

At least it's not pre-season variety hype... Where you've done nothing to earn it.

If we can find a way to win Saturday, make GA and AL close and competitive, and win the others we are supposed to, I definitely think this staff sees some flips come signing day... Especially at WR if we keep up this offense. Maybe a few will feel bad for our secondary and come to help/start LOL.
Gotta stay healthy....

Actually... It's not. We've at least for some results to show at this point. The opportunity is there. Made possible by winning.

And this team I think deals with this kind of stuff better than some other teams, and coaches, have in the past.

And while I won't tell you we're definitely winning all of those games, I will say we can win any of them.

At least it's not pre-season variety hype... Where you've done nothing to earn it.

I can agree with you on some of these points, but at the end of the day, we've played one SEC caliper team and were a few plays away from 'ishing the bed ...
We have a long season ahead, and yes, think we are only going to get better on Offense as Bru and others settle in and get chemistry... but our defense is just not there to take on LSU/GA/BAMA for four quarters and get the edge...

I can agree with you on some of these points, but at the end of the day, we've played one SEC caliper team and were a few plays away from 'ishing the bed ...
We have a long season ahead, and yes, think we are only going to get better on Offense as Bru and others settle in and get chemistry... but our defense is just not there to take on LSU/GA/BAMA for four quarters and get the edge...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back