And just like that, the LSU excuses have already started

Just read this and many others like it on tiger droppings:

"I would believe that they picked 11 am to protect Tennessee more than I’d believe that it was to spite Kelly.

Like it or not, conference image matters and the SEC needs to prop up at least a couple of teams like Tenn, Arky, Kentucky, and A&M to make it look like the conference is deep with 10 win programs. Obviously not all these teams will win 10 games but they will do their best to make sure at least a couple of them do.

The best way to try to influence these games outside of outright fixing it via officiating(which I only believe happens in the nfl), is to try to cancel out home field advantage for the opponents of their “better teams”.

I’m not saying I believe this theory to be true, just that it’s more believable than they SEC is out to get Coach Kelly."
Lost me when he said fixed games only happens in the NFL.......
Sure dude, after we've witnessed the zebras deliberately placing/ moving the ball to advance a first down.

12 noon God's time.
11 am central

I bought a corndog flag off Amazon several weeks ago for this game.

41F9JAtfH+L._AC_SX466_.jpg

I should let one of you guys going to Red Stick borrow it.

Oh man, that's a great idea and totally awesome! If I was in the US and going to the game, I'd DEFINITELY love to wave that flag in the stadium. The next time I'm at an LSU game, I'll definitely proudly wave their banner for them. It'd be funny as hell if there were thousands of corn dog flags at every LSU game.

Tennessee doesnt swing any weight anymore in the SEC office thou. Since Dickey and Kramer retired, Tennessee has been with the Miss ST, Ole Miss, South carolina, etc crowd. The prime example I use is the change in schedule Auburn asked for and got almost immediatley to break up their Ga/Ala Nov games. Tennessee long played GA/Fla back to back in Sept & the office never really made it a priority to break it even though Tennessee wanted to play one later in the year (preferrably Fla). The change occurred because Auburn asked for it, nothing Tennessee did.

The best thing that could possibly happen to the SEC to make it better is to get the %$#@ office out of Hoover, Alabama and make it centrall;y located.

There is no way this game should be a 12:00 game. Ole Miss vs Vandy is at 3:30. SC vs UK is at 7??? Get real. This is bull crap. I understand TAMU and Bama is prime time but our game should have been at least 3:30.

Reactions: cjbongoinstructor
Just read this and many others like it on tiger droppings:

"I would believe that they picked 11 am to protect Tennessee more than I’d believe that it was to spite Kelly.

Like it or not, conference image matters and the SEC needs to prop up at least a couple of teams like Tenn, Arky, Kentucky, and A&M to make it look like the conference is deep with 10 win programs. Obviously not all these teams will win 10 games but they will do their best to make sure at least a couple of them do.

The best way to try to influence these games outside of outright fixing it via officiating(which I only believe happens in the nfl), is to try to cancel out home field advantage for the opponents of their “better teams”.

I’m not saying I believe this theory to be true, just that it’s more believable than they SEC is out to get Coach Kelly."
Tennessee isnt getting propped up by the SEC. Not today or tommorow.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
The best thing that could possibly happen to the SEC to make it better is to get the %$#@ office out of Hoover, Alabama and make it centrall;y located.

I posted a story about Birmingham being a shrinking city population-wise & stated the office should move about 3 months ago. I suggested media & transportation centers like Atl & Nashville. This board crucified me. This board defended the office in Bham like it was their sister’s virginity

I posted a story about Birmingham being a shrinking city population-wise & stated the office should move about 3 months ago. I suggested media & transportation centers like Atl & Nashville. This board crucified me. This board defended the office in Bham like it was their sister’s virginity

Bham is a shthole, wrapped in a dumpster, nested in a war zone, with the most corrupt city government this side of Chicago. Nothing positive happens there.

Reactions: wmcovol
why are they making excuses, the ESPN FPI tracker has them favored to win 59.1 to our 40.9

To be fair though, I don’t think anyone is actively conspiring to keep us down either. The <insert entity here> hates us is usually a pretty silly argument. Even our opponents mostly only care about beating us themselves. Sure some fans in Florida, Alabama, and Georgia who have special feelings about us might be happy with every game we lose, but plenty will also want us to win whenever we can, as long as it isn’t against them.
Really don't care that much about who ESPN hates.

I do care about SEC officiating though. And UT ends up on the wrong side of too many "close calls"... and some that aren't close... for me to write than one off.

Did you see Hooker get horse collared not once but twice in two plays? Banks got tackled a couple of times on blitzes when he had a free run at AR.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
If they win he gets to celebrate and if they lose it’s the evil forces of sports media maliciously manipulating outcomes I guess. That’s pretty crazy rationalizing imho. Next level even

That kind of reasoning already exists within social and governmental strata. No surprise that it infects sports conferences as well. So, Vols, just beat the excretion out of them regardless.

It was actually my first thought when I saw that we were playing at 11am... I know if it played a role here but anyone who doesn't think the SEC wants as many teams in the playoff picture as possible is kidding themselves.

VN Store

Back