And just like that, the LSU excuses have already started

BigOrangePaddy

Just read this and many others like it on tiger droppings:

"I would believe that they picked 11 am to protect Tennessee more than I’d believe that it was to spite Kelly.

Like it or not, conference image matters and the SEC needs to prop up at least a couple of teams like Tenn, Arky, Kentucky, and A&M to make it look like the conference is deep with 10 win programs. Obviously not all these teams will win 10 games but they will do their best to make sure at least a couple of them do.

The best way to try to influence these games outside of outright fixing it via officiating(which I only believe happens in the nfl), is to try to cancel out home field advantage for the opponents of their “better teams”.

I’m not saying I believe this theory to be true, just that it’s more believable than they SEC is out to get Coach Kelly."

Last edited:
Damn, they haven’t even lost yet!

They should wait until we’ve beaten them by 30 before they start whining.

If they win he gets to celebrate and if they lose it’s the evil forces of sports media maliciously manipulating outcomes I guess. That’s pretty crazy rationalizing imho. Next level even

LOL at ANYONE protecting Tennessee

To be fair though, I don’t think anyone is actively conspiring to keep us down either. The <insert entity here> hates us is usually a pretty silly argument. Even our opponents mostly only care about beating us themselves. Sure some fans in Florida, Alabama, and Georgia who have special feelings about us might be happy with every game we lose, but plenty will also want us to win whenever we can, as long as it isn’t against them.

To be fair though, I don’t think anyone is actively conspiring to keep us down either. The <insert entity here> hates us is usually a pretty silly argument. Even our opponents mostly only care about beating us themselves. Sure some fans in Florida, Alabama, and Georgia who have special feelings about us might be happy with every game we lose, but plenty will also want us to win whenever we can, as long as it isn’t against them.

Tennessee doesnt swing any weight anymore in the SEC office thou. Since Dickey and Kramer retired, Tennessee has been with the Miss ST, Ole Miss, South carolina, etc crowd. The prime example I use is the change in schedule Auburn asked for and got almost immediatley to break up their Ga/Ala Nov games. Tennessee long played GA/Fla back to back in Sept & the office never really made it a priority to break it even though Tennessee wanted to play one later in the year (preferrably Fla). The change occurred because Auburn asked for it, nothing Tennessee did.

"I would believe that they picked 11 am to protect Tennessee more than I’d believe that it was to spite Kelly.

Like it or not, conference image matters and the SEC needs to prop up at least a couple of teams like Tenn, Arky, Kentucky, and A&M to make it look like the conference is deep with 10 win programs. Obviously not all these teams will win 10 games but they will do their best to make sure at least a couple of them do.

The best way to try to influence these games outside of outright fixing it via officiating(which I only believe happens in the nfl), is to try to cancel out home field advantage for the opponents of their “better teams”.

I’m not saying I believe this theory to be true, just that it’s more believable than they SEC is out to get Coach Kelly."
Perhaps they should win all of their games to ensure the best time slot for national TV.

Tennessee doesnt swing any weight anymore in the SEC office thou. Since Dickey and Kramer retired, Tennessee has been with the Miss ST, Ole Miss, South carolina, etc crowd. The prime example I use is the change in schedule Auburn asked for and got almost immediatley to break up their Ga/Ala Nov games. Tennessee long played GA/Fla back to back in Sept & the office never really made it a priority to break it even though Tennessee wanted to play one later in the year (preferrably Fla). The change occurred because Auburn asked for it, nothing Tennessee did.

I could believe this. I have no insight myself, but could see it as true. Still, that sounds less like actively working to keep us down than we don’t have the personal connections and relationships that some others do. Who you know and get on well with is a factor in way more businesses than that of football.

Reactions: 08Vol

WGWTFA!!!

12 noon God's time.
11 am central

I bought a corndog flag off Amazon several weeks ago for this game.

41F9JAtfH+L._AC_SX466_.jpg

I should let one of you guys going to Red Stick borrow it.

CBS has the 1st and 3rd picks for the DH weekend. ESPN has the 2nd pick but they cant televise it against the CBS games. ESPN chose the LSU/Tennessee game over the Ga Aub game.

GameDay will probably be in BAton Rouge

Game day will not be there. This is the same weekend as A&M/Bama and the annual red river shootout . My guess is they’ll be in Dallas.

VN Store

Back