And just like that, the LSU excuses have already started

It will be another nailbitter. All with Heupel will be that way until Tennessee gets more defensive talent
Not actually true. Everybody jumped the gun with the whole nonsense of scoring 50 on Florida. We did win. And it certainly was not a nail-biter. Without our best weapon.

Just read this and many others like it on tiger droppings:

"I would believe that they picked 11 am to protect Tennessee more than I’d believe that it was to spite Kelly.

Like it or not, conference image matters and the SEC needs to prop up at least a couple of teams like Tenn, Arky, Kentucky, and A&M to make it look like the conference is deep with 10 win programs. Obviously not all these teams will win 10 games but they will do their best to make sure at least a couple of them do.

The best way to try to influence these games outside of outright fixing it via officiating(which I only believe happens in the nfl), is to try to cancel out home field advantage for the opponents of their “better teams”.

I’m not saying I believe this theory to be true, just that it’s more believable than they SEC is out to get Coach Kelly."
Everybody with these conspiracy theories are effing funny. Really. 11:00 in the morning or 11:00 @ night you still gotta line up and play football. Out to get coach Kelly for what? What did he do other than that ridiculous attempt at a southern accent?....

Carlus Groves and Shaquille O'Neal tussling with one another and Doug Roth giving the LSU student body/fans a middle finger salute are some of my best LSU-Tennessee memories along with Rick Barnes critiquing the officiating after a Vol-Tiger battle.

These two universities have had some very memorable basketball games during the series history.

There is no way this game should be a 12:00 game. Ole Miss vs Vandy is at 3:30. SC vs UK is at 7??? Get real. This is bull crap. I understand TAMU and Bama is prime time but our game should have been at least 3:30.

LSU and Tennessee is ESPN's first choice.

This is an odd weekend. ESPN is not allowed to program an SEC game against CBS games and the main network. Since CBS has late afternoon and primetime slots, then ESPN's next best slot is the noon slot. As an eastern time zone team, we have a minimal advantage. The Ole Siss/Vandy and SC/UK games are on SEC Network and not a national broadcast.

The three national broadcasts are Tennessee/LSU at early afternoon. Auburn/Georgia at late afternoon and aTm/Alabama in evening.
The four regional and alternative broadcasts are Arkansas/Miss State at noon (SEC), Mizzou/Florida at noon (ESPNU), Miss/Candy at 4pm (SEC) and SC/Kentucky at 7:30 (SEC)

So noon on ESPN is the 3rd best game and would normally be the 7pm ESPN game if this was not the CBS double-header weekend

They must really not think much of their own team if they believe a night game is the only chance they had at winning.
Must be a bunch of bums that don’t have jobs and sleep all day among their fans.
Otherwise I see absolutely no reason playing mid day is a disadvantage for the home team!

Reactions: LadyVolette
Not actually true. Everybody jumped the gun with the whole nonsense of scoring 50 on Florida. We did win. And it certainly was not a nail-biter. Without our best weapon.

Everybody with these conspiracy theories are effing funny. Really. 11:00 in the morning or 11:00 @ night you still gotta line up and play football. Out to get coach Kelly for what? What did he do other than that ridiculous attempt at a southern accent?....

God forbid anyone having fun and enjoying the success of our football team. Yes, football team. The game a bunch of college students play and we act like kids and cheer for. You gotta be effing kidding me that it bothers you. And yes you're bothered by it

You gonna jump on all those people that said we would lose to Florida not just the ones that said we'd put 50 on them? We only missed that by 12.

You miserable people Crack me up. You think you're gonna suck all the life out of my enjoyment of Tennessee finally pulling itself out of the deep miry clay? You ain't sucking nothing here Jr. better suck your ass on away from here is what you better do.

*I'm only half serious.

Game day back in Neyland for #5 Vols vs #2 Bama is more likely.
I was just thinking when has UT v Alabama been a top 5 matchup. And of course if we win against UT v Georgia will be 1 versus 2 matchup, whether it's Tennessee or Georgia being number one. And then that would potentially be three different teams from one conference being number 1 at some point in the season. That Florida win opened a myriad of possibilities.

I used to live in Baton Rouge in the early 90's and there was an older gentleman who would stand in the yard and wave at traffic going up and down ( believe it was State St near the LSU campus). This was a constant thing--guy standing in the yard waving at cars and folks honking their horns waving back. Turns out he was a Bama fan who was trying to flag down someone who could tell him how to get back on I-10 East.

VN Store

Back