Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
One observation I have is that CJH offenses seem to get TD’s instead of settling for field goals. I can’t remember how many times in the past when I would say “Settling for thst field goal instead of getting a TD is going to bite us later,”
And. . . we have been very good getting tds in the red zone.

I think Flowers got better. Charles got better, the problem is the talent is not there. That's not a knock on who we have really. Not sure whats up with Turnage. We just simply do not have SEC talent back there at this time. Some are young, some have been here a while.

I honestly don’t know what you are seeing. Even go back to Ball State. They had WRs open. Had they had a decent QB, they would have scored much more. Flowers gets toasted regularly. None of them are good tacklers. Everyone sees it. Our secondary, for the second consecutive year is the weakened of our defense.

Our DB coach is bad.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
4-0, top 10 rating, and beating a hated rival, has left many forgetting just how bad our roster was just 18 months ago. It is still not very good per SEC standards, especially in the secondary. It will take 2 more years to get a full rooster of SEC talent on this team. Be patient and enjoy the fact that we are way ahead of schedule at the moment.
A full rooster you say?
200.gif

Does anyone think we will start at some point incorporating the 5-10yd slant? It's almost like slants are illegal at UT... With the way we spread out the DB's, we could doing quite well...

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
I mentioned during the game that I don’t like rushing the field. That’s for Appy St type teams. We have been in a decade of disfunction but we are one of the top schools.

Gave you a like, but when TENNESSEE takes down Bama, if you were there and have the option would you not rush the field?

I was a sophomore when the Johnny Majors team beat Alabama and it would’ve taken the police officer shooting us to keep us off the field.
I agree for Florida. They are not big enough… 😎

Hell, I may rush the damn field and I’ll be in Texas. Not sure if this is a hijacking a plane kind of moment or running to take a new mid engine Vette for a “test drive“ actually, I think it would be option number two. I wonder if they have a Pantone 151 available? I’ll have room for one copilot…

15-0 🤠

Defense is slaw...I hoped and really thought it had gotten better...but nope.

We just got absolutely shredded by an absolutely garbage offense that has looked like the Keystone Cops all year...and everyone caught up in the euphoria of this win right now doesn't understand what that means for the rest of the season.

Enjoy it while it lasts..I know I am...but...🤦‍♂️

It’s not slaw, it’s just not good. Certainly doesn’t rest solely in scheme

Run defense has improved this year. We can’t get pressure without blitzing in pass situations. It’s really very simple and comes down to continued recruiting.

This is a major overreaction regarding Banks. Give the guy 2 more recruiting cycles. Players love him and the way they can play aggressively and fast.

If your secondary cannot play zone coverages well at all, as a DC, why would you call zone coverages about two thirds of the time?

If your secondary cannot play zone coverages well at all, is it OK to ask why?

To fix the D performance, fix the secondary. Everything else is fine. We will win 10+ games if they fix the secondary subject to Birmingham officiating and injuries.

I am perfectly content with firing no coaches it the two primarily responsible for the play in the secondary can make them at least competent.

I’m impressed with D Line but the secondary has issues that hopefully will be cleaned up.
run D was vey impressive. Feel like DB is the one position players can improve tremendously quickly. Luckly Florida provided our DB's with alot of film to show the little things they can do to be in better positions. I believe Tim Banks will use this as a great teaching tool and we didn't take a loss in the proccess. Win win for me

Gave you a like, but when TENNESSEE takes down Bama, if you were there and have the option would you not rush the field?

I was a sophomore when the Johnny Majors team beat Alabama and it would’ve taken the police officer shooting us to keep us off the field.
I agree for Florida. They are not big enough… 😎

Hell, I may rush the damn field and I’ll be in Texas. Not sure if this is a hijacking a plane kind of moment or running to take a new mid engine Vette for a “test drive“ actually, I think it would be option number two. I wonder if they have a Pantone 151 available? I’ll have room for one copilot…

15-0 🤠

You better bet when my Bama buddy comes to the game from mobile Alabama, I’m rushing the field and leaving his ass in the stands. I’m driving, he is staying put.

It’s not slaw, it’s just not good. Certainly doesn’t rest solely in scheme

Run defense has improved this year. We can’t get pressure without blitzing in pass situations. It’s really very simple and comes down to continued recruiting.

This is a major overreaction regarding Banks. Give the guy 2 more recruiting cycles. Players love him and the way they can play aggressively and fast.

I'm willing to not jump on the fire Banks wagon... But absolutely nothing about the defensive performance from yesterday could be described as aggressive. Pitt... Sure. Florida, not at all.

Funny thing about UK being ahead of is that they received a huge booste for beating Florida and has played no one else. They have also struggled against bad competition. Yet we beat that exact same UF team and have also beat another top 25 team and yet it doesn’t matter. This is why teams that play no one benefit more than playing a tough schedule.
If they actually cared at all for the polls to be accurate they would simply let Vegas odds-makers use point spreads on a neutral site to determine the Top 25. These polls are typically embarrassingly bad, especially early in the season. And the tradition of not moving teams down for close wins that expose the truth about a team is like continuing to use a home phone mounted to a wall, with a spiral cord attached to it.

4-0, top 10 rating, and beating a hated rival, has left many forgetting just how bad our roster was just 18 months ago. It is still not very good per SEC standards, especially in the secondary. It will take 2 more years to get a full rooster of SEC talent on this team. Be patient and enjoy the fact that we are way ahead of schedule at the moment.
Wait... We're supposed to be happy, or something?😏

Florida scored one more TD than Pitt. In the most important stat, the performance was comparable.
Whether or not our defense played aggressive doesn't have anything to do with the score.

Not to mention, it's pretty convenient to only look at the score of those two games, considering the situations the defense was put in were not remotely similar.

Reactions: VolNash17
Idk what our final record is but I know we’re gonna be damn tough to beat. Scary, scary team for anyone to face
This is truth, now I have major concerns due to our defense sucking so spectacularly yesterday, but this statement is a fact...On any given day, this team can beat anybody in CFB.

It has been a looooong time since we could say that about a Tennessee team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back