Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our soon to be new members texas and oklahoma both lost to unranked teams. 😈
Big program coaches and their teams are going to have to start realizing you can't just show up and win against these small schools anymore.

We also learned that lesson the hard way a few years ago.

I thought LSU’s roster was wiped out and they barely had half the scholarship numbers

Yes, they lost almost 30 players just like we did the year before. The big difference is we had to self-impose scholarship reductions due to Pruitt and his ineptness. LSU was able to fill those positions with transfers, whereas we could not. LSU is still trying to gel as a team, especially their offensive line.

This officiating crew let both teams play. Most of the criticism of them was replay related. I know lots of people thought they missed two horse collars, but both of those were close. I am glad they were not running around calling a bunch of unsportsmanlike fouls.
My biggest gripe is that are the reason AR was able to get away from disaster so many times. Our guys were being held egregiously on every play they ran...it was ridiculous.

I think the Defensive issues are a combination of Talent and Coaching. Some of the overall defensive strategy makes no sense when your secondary/linebackers are terrible in zone. Then you look at the speed of the safeties which is underwhelming to say the least. But the tackling was really really terrible. The defensive backs Technique at times was awful. It was a terrible performance. We’ll see after the season. One thing is clear. Heupel isn’t going to waste a great opportunity to take this program to the next level. He’s hungry just as much as we are for a National winner

I don’t know why, but I just think we will beat LSU. Gotta get healthier obviously and fix our Secondary issues. Really think we can win that one!
Secondary isn’t as big a factor against LSU. They are superior to Florida at running and inferior at passing. If we score, we win. Next Demon to exorcise is that 2010 loss.

This is truth, now I have major concerns due to our defense sucking so spectacularly yesterday, but this statement is a fact...On any given day, this team can beat anybody in CFB.

It has been a looooong time since we could say that about a Tennessee team.
I just don’t think the defense, particularly the secondary, has the guys yet. Not sure it’s an X’s and O’s thing so much as a talent thing. The team as a whole isn’t THERE yet as in elite, but I don’t think anyone can doubt the direction right now. Heupel and co. have impressed mightily.

My biggest gripe is that are the reason AR was able to get away from disaster so many times. Our guys were being held egregiously on every play they ran...it was ridiculous.
Egregious is the perfect word for how bad some of the holding was! My son and I both yelling at the tv all night!

I think the Defensive issues are a combination of Talent and Coaching. Some of the overall defensive strategy makes no sense when your secondary/linebackers are terrible in zone. Then you look at the speed of the safeties which is underwhelming to say the least. But the tackling was really really terrible. The defensive backs Technique at times was awful. It was a terrible performance. We’ll see after the season. One thing is clear. Heupel isn’t going to waste a great opportunity to take this program to the next level. He’s hungry just as much as we are for a National winner

I think part of the reason they did it against Florida was to watch AR. In man, guys are not watching the pocket. I don’t believe the strategy was that bad. Personnel might be an issue in the back end. Pretty clear that they don’t want to give up the big play and want the offense to earn it on a long drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back