Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
This crap is blowing my mind...if JG turns out to be a decent to good NFL quarterback...then you would have to say that it was probably the greatest waste/misuse of true talent in Tennessee Volunteer history. Either that or he wasn't trying that hard to get better. I don't remember EVER seeing him throw a touch pass like that in a Vol uniform.

Look how he threw that though. He threw it scared. He had all day to throw that ball and threw it going away from his throw when he could of easily stepped into it.

I’m not knocking that it was completed for a touchdown and was a good pass, I just wonder what happens when he actually has to step up and throw and take a hit.

Look how he threw that though. He threw it scared. He had all day to throw that ball and threw it going away from his throw when he could of easily stepped into it.

I’m not knocking that it was completed for a touchdown and was a good pass, I just wonder what happens when he actually has to step up and throw and take a hit.

That will tell the tale. That will be when he spazzes out if he is still the same ol JG.

I keep telling myself that these games are essentially practice...and he has always been practice Tarzan. What will he do when it matters?

Fact or Fiction:
Bru McCoy will be deemed eligible
Farrell’s take: FACT
McCoy’s journey is hard to track from Texas to USC to Knoxville but with USC coming out and saying they have no issue with him being immediately eligible, the NCAA will now make it a priority and allow him to be available for the opener. Why? That’s the way the NCAA works. Things need to be brought to national attention to happen, and now that this made front page news, he’ll be allowed.
-Farrell
FACT OR FICTIONFact or Fiction: Bru McCoy, Texas A&M, Quinn Ewers

Dude is a tool, but he believes in the power of Vol Twitter

On one hand, this is insulting. On the other hand, it's nice to be good enough and matter enough to make a list like this.

Yeah I think it's 100% a positive. Only saying the backhalf including Bama (which they chalked up as an auto loss) uga, etc is tougher than the first half).

I mean...what is the worst case scenario if that happens? 9-3 it sounds like. Uhm...sounds good to us 😅

Unless we are DECAPITATING Pitt, UF, LSU, I don't think we'll be losing our marbles at 6-1 and suddenly thinking "playoffs here we come!". I think most get that UGA is as tough as Bama these days...and even then you'd replay Bama. Which is a daggum shame...Butch Botched the good years when UF and UGA were "down" smh 😒

VS

freaks-and-geeks-revival.jpg

VS

Z9zn2-1455807841-194-lists-kotter_main_1200.jpg
One can try listening to Mark-Paul Gosselaar’s (Zack) podcast, about Saved by the Bell, if you want to listen to him talk about the episodes in the beginning seasons and remember nothing about each episode.

Reactions: bigorange
This crap is blowing my mind...if JG turns out to be a decent to good NFL quarterback...then you would have to say that it was probably the greatest waste/misuse of true talent in Tennessee Volunteer history. Either that or he wasn't trying that hard to get better. I don't remember EVER seeing him throw a touch pass like that in a Vol uniform.
I mean...EVER? I could pull up a few dozen in no time.

I get it...selective memories and all. Poker players always say you'll forget 99% of your big winning hands...but you remember each bad beat like it happened yesterday. But either you watched with sunglasses or only remember the bad. The bullet passes and all that. I get it.

10 second google search of USCjr highlights show b2b touch passes. Pretty much all of his "about to get walloped" passes had touch, such as his big passes vs Auburn, uga 2020, etc.
SmartSelect_20220822-194022_Chrome.gif

SmartSelect_20220822-193915_Chrome.gif

I also always remember his drop-ins vs uga in 2020.

SmartSelect_20220822-194543_YouTube.gif

I mean...EVER? I could pull up a few dozen in no time.

I get it...selective memories and all. Poker players always say you'll forget 99% of your big winning hands...but you remember each bad beat like it happened yesterday. But either you watched with sunglasses or only remember the bad. The bullet passes and all that. I get it.

10 second google search of USCjr highlights show b2b touch passes. Pretty much all of his "about to get walloped" passes had touch, such as his big passes vs Auburn, uga 2020, etc.
View attachment 482756

View attachment 482755

I also always remember his drop-ins vs uga in 2020.

View attachment 482754
That’s what was so frustrating. You just never knew game to game, or quarter to quarter even, what he was going to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back