Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re THAT old?

giphy.gif

PS - left the oops date!

This is like that high school you see in tv shows that make you wonder wtf happened in my life to attend the PoS I went to
Back in my day we had to wake up at 3am to hike in sub-zero temps to the Seward Peninsula to wait for the ice bridge to form and walk across the Bering Strait to school.

Sometimes you'd hike too far north in whiteout conditions and have 30 days of sun. Which meant 30 straight days of studying.

These kids today wouldn't understand that kind of sacrifice. They just go to their cafeteria and eat their Ruths Cris

Those pics you posted earlier were nice. Reminds me of I believe it's Fort Walton Beach HS if memory serves correct. My son's hs baseball team travelled down to that area back in 2009 during spring break to play in a round robin. The baseball complex was very nice but the football field/facility was unbelievable. During a break between games, I was standing next to the fence surrounding the football field and got in a conversation with a local dad who told me one of their alumni had donated something like 8 mil to the football facility. He said others had donated huge amounts for their turf, jumbotron, etc.

Which teams might start out 7-1 or 8-0 but still be written off based on the “eye test?” What I mean by that is, which teams might find themselves sneaking into the top 10 by midseason, in large part due to lighter early schedules rather than truly elite performance? To rephrase more bluntly: Which teams should we put on “fraud watch?” — Logan T.

Ole Miss: The Rebels are working with an easy nonconference slate. If they can knock off Kentucky in their SEC opener, they’ll have a shot to get to 7-1 or 8-0 heading into their road trip to Texas A&M at the end of October.

Tennessee: I can talk myself into Tennessee pulling off a nice early run as well. The Vols will have to win on the road at Pitt early on and they’re opening SEC play with Florida and LSU, but it’s not out of the question they could get to 6-1 before a defining back-to-back against Kentucky and Georgia.

Purdue: If it can find a way to pull off the upset of Penn State at home in its season opener, a 7-0 or 6-1 start seems possible before it’s time to play Wisconsin and Iowa.

Kansas State: K-State looks like the dark horse contender in the Big 12 race, in part because of its schedule. The Wildcats host Missouri in Week 2 and open Big 12 play at Oklahoma, so we’ll quickly find out if they’re legitimate. But they could get to 6-1 before home games against Oklahoma State and Texas.

UCLA: The Bruins also have an easy nonconference schedule. They should be 5-0 when it’s time to play Utah and Oregon.

Nebraska: The Huskers have a remarkably wide range of possible outcomes this year. They could win eight. They could lose eight. Who knows? But if you want to talk extreme best-case scenario, a 7-1 start before the schedule gets tougher in November is not inconceivable.

Appalachian State: What a fun nonconference schedule for the Mountaineers this year. They’re opening the season with a home game against North Carolina followed by a road trip to Texas A&M. If they can split those games, they should be able to roll to a 7-1 start.

Houston: The Cougars were one of the great “fraud watch” squads of 2021, going 11-1 against a relatively easy schedule but never rising any higher than No. 20 in the College Football Playoff rankings. But they showed up in their toughest games and closed the season with a bowl win over Auburn. Another hot start in 2022 looks likely. Once again, they don’t face Cincinnati or UCF in the regular season. And once again, it’s probably Texas Tech that stands in their way of an 8-0 start. — Max Olson

On one hand, this is insulting. On the other hand, it's nice to be good enough and matter enough to make a list like this.

I put the Bama shirts behind everything else on the rack in Publix lol.. I don’t want to look at that sh!t
One of the best experiences ive ever had at a rival stadium.

Also helps when Tee drags their ass in front of 80,000 toothless inbreds.

Florida on the other hand. There is no area of my nether regions they cannot press with their lips.

One of the best experiences ive ever had at a rival stadium.

Also helps when Tee drags their ass in front of 80,000 toothless inbreds.

Florida on the other hand. There is no area of my nether regions they cannot press with their lips.
I agree.. the OG Bama fans can be classy.. the 75 percent bandwagon, however, is/are awful..and there is no reason for that stuff to be displayed in a middle Tennessee Publix lol.. just doing my part by stashing it behind the Titans and Preds stuff while passing by lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back