Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean...EVER? I could pull up a few dozen in no time.

I get it...selective memories and all. Poker players always say you'll forget 99% of your big winning hands...but you remember each bad beat like it happened yesterday. But either you watched with sunglasses or only remember the bad. The bullet passes and all that. I get it.

10 second google search of USCjr highlights show b2b touch passes. Pretty much all of his "about to get walloped" passes had touch, such as his big passes vs Auburn, uga 2020, etc.
View attachment 482756

View attachment 482755

I also always remember his drop-ins vs uga in 2020.

View attachment 482754
I actually immediately remembered the pass against Carolina in Neyland when he got rocked then Jauan got rocked in the back of the end zone. That was a good one.

I've been watching Longmire and would love to visit WY, even though I think it was shot in New Mexico. Lol
Was about to say, that county is fictitious. New Mexico is one of the ugliest places ive visited. Had always wanted to visit. Just dirty.

Walt Longmire mysteries are one of my favorite pieces of original fiction, since the day I read Indian in the Cupboard, to first time I visited Jackson. And subsequently Gilette, Sheridan. and Casper - then into CO. It may not have been filmed in WY but it perfectly embodies, in my mind, that Western Cowboy spirit. The guy who drinks Rainier Beer, super nice, willing to go out of his way to help. Great show.

Different mindset out there, beautiful place.

Reactions: LoudOrange
Was about to say, that county is fictitious. New Mexico is one of the ugliest places ive visited. Had always wanted to visit. Just dirty.

Walt Longmire mysteries are one of my favorite pieces of original fiction, since the day I read Indian in the Cupboard, to first time I visited Jackson. And subsequently Gilette, Sheridan. and Casper - then into CO. It may not have been filmed in WY but it perfectly embodies, in my mind, that Western Cowboy spirit. The guy who drinks Rainier Beer, super nice, willing to go out of his way to help. Great show.

Different mindset out there, beautiful place.
Spent most of my childhood in the Bighorn Mtns (Tongue River valley) 3 weeks every summer. There’s a little town named Dayton that I would move to in a heartbeat if I ever had the chance. Wonderful place to grow up.

JG gets a ton of hate. I understand he didn’t end up being the qb we wanted or needed but he did his best and represented the University with class.

Side note: His coaching staffs didn’t do him much good either.
One thing I will say on JG's behalf: it was absolutely unconscionable the way the Birmingham refs allowed the teams we played to take cheap shots at him, and especially at his head. It happened so regularly and uninterruptedly that it basically amounted to a green light.

Wow. Beautiful Iraq formations. Too bad its always so Sunni in the desert. Shame Iran hates America, crock of Shiite if you ask me.
charles-barkley-turrible.gif

JG gets a ton of hate. I understand he didn’t end up being the qb we wanted or needed but he did his best and represented the University with class.

Side note: His coaching staffs didn’t do him much good either.
I'll never understand it. All he did was sacrifice his body week in and week out and gave all he had. Idk what more you can ask from a young man, except his best go at it.

Makes sense. Considered an "area of uncertainty" between Eastern and Grey but that area has the phenotype for Eastern.

It's all a cluster with ratsnakes right now though. They're probably going to reclassify the species soon.

There was nothing uncertain about my wife's desire for me to remove it from our home.

Kinda funny though, last night I caught a field mouse in the house, and fussed at the cat for not doing her job. Guess the snake was picking up the slack.

Most fair weather fanbase in the SEC. I don’t take them seriously. A bunch of Walmart T-shirt fans.

They are far more loyal than Bammers. Too many ppl have forgotten that when they were going through their most recent period (a bad time still far better than what we've experienced lately) their fans abandoned them. They would have decent teams in between the scandal and subpar seasons and still couldn't get their fanbase to heel. A good portion of those fans were wearing orange which is the real reason so many of their diehards will forever hate Fulmer -- they witnessed their bandwagoners jump ship.

Florida, otoh, is different. They're the kings and queens of the misleading stat. We didn't play them regularly until well past first expansion but they pretend their streak goes back 80 years. Truthfully, Florida was no one before Spurrier. They had some really great teams off and on, especially in the late 80s, but never could make it work until they got caught up in a recruiting scandal before Spurrier arrived that saw their SEC title stripped for gross cheating. BUT during that time frame Florida fans were loyal to their school. I will give them that much.

They're spoiled and full of hubris these days but they deserve far more credit than the sidewalk fanbase that comprises much of the current Gump football fanbase.

Last edited:
Look how he threw that though. He threw it scared. He had all day to throw that ball and threw it going away from his throw when he could of easily stepped into it.

I’m not knocking that it was completed for a touchdown and was a good pass, I just wonder what happens when he actually has to step up and throw and take a hit.
Come on. Let him have his moment. None of us will ever come close to doing that.

View attachment 482711

Our beautiful girl Molly lost her battle with old age today. I tear up when I see her chasing a frisbee somewhere in doggy heaven now.

Looks like a sweet girl. Prayers and condolences for your loss. Our animals are special to us in ways we can never imagine. Much love your way.

Wow...soooo FEW and FAR BETWEEN. I don't and will never apologize for saying he sucked at QB, as a matter of fact Imma say it again..he absolutely sucked at QB.

You are the one with the fuzzy memory. I defended him for a loooong time, but dude just got worse and worse.
You said you had never seen a pass with such touch from him...ever. Clearly false or you didn't watch...

He played better than more than a handful of UT QBs ever did, the names I've listed before. And each replacement actually made the offense worse...see: Dormady, Mcbride, Chryst, Maurer, etc. So don't blame the kid, blame the staffs if you want to. They took their paychecks. JG gave up his body to do what he could.

I just don't get attacking or hating on a VFL player. It's one thing to have a critique...but to say he "sucked" is ridiculous as a fan. Especially when he was far from the worst.

We probably lose to one of Florida, LSU and maybe Pitt. I don’t see Pitt as a lost. It may come from where we’re not expecting it.

I see us beating Pitt…they only beat us because they had a NFL draft pick at QB and a allstar WR core against a defense in their first year…I wasn’t impressed with anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back