Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
College football rankings: ESPN unveils SP+ Top 25 poll for 2022 - College Football HQ

9. Tennessee Volunteers
tennessee-vols-football.jpg

Where Tennessee was: 7-6 (4-4 SEC)
Where Tennessee is: Another surprise in the early Top 25, the Vols should be better than last year, but perhaps not quite ready to hang with the Top 10 just yet. Tennessee has quarterback Hendon Hooker back under center after leading the SEC in pass efficiency, but this schedule is as tough as ever, with some winnable games early and late, but a mid-season stretch that is as difficult as they come.

What am i looking at?

Who is the ISP? Is the top an actual, or, bottom?

Always look for 70% of advertised speed to be barometer on a
best effort network.

If that is a true variance in pings on your upstream at 11 to 150. You have serious issues. Im also assuming youre on am older copper network with interference.
Idk any of that. All I know is its spectrum.

Last edited:
Is this any good? It works great for me, but was curious how it compares to others. . .
View attachment 457958

Assume this is broadband from a cable provider. Download is fine. Upload is meh. But if you’re not doing a lot of gaming or live broadcasts of you’re in-home activities, you should be fine.

Idk ant of that. All I know is its spectrum.
Assume this is broadband from a cable provider. Download is fine. Upload is meh. But if you’re not doing a lot of gaming or live broadcasts of you’re in-home activities, you should be fine.
Charter is Spectrum.

Exactly what he said. You've also got some network interference going on. Way want to have them call a line tech in to distinguish the issue. They can plug into the LE or node and hear the noise.

Reactions: franklinpence
Just read a thing that we supposed to be getting Sam Singleton #6 RB in the country. Havent seen his name on here
Tennessee Vols predicted to land commitment from 4-star running back
“I’m liking the Tennessee coaches right now,” said Singleton. “That’s something I’m really looking for in a program is the coaching staff. Some of the schools I’ve been to, they really haven’t been what I’ve wanted in a school, but Tennessee has my interest for sure.”

make sure its 10 GB symmetrical, you know so you can connect your 50 laptops to it. 😅@volsonly

We have 200/ and have four smart TV's, several laptops, as many as 4-8 smart phones, several smart home features and not single stitch of cable TV.

Point is fiber is such a buzz word. You're likely copper throughout your house anyway. Hardware cant handle the speeds it generates.

Bristol Virginia Utilities was the first to kick off Epon or Gpon fiber 20 years ago. Most people dont realize that its a very inexpensive network to deploy. The devil is in the upkeep.

Public utilities face a massive roadblock to longevity and will likely sell out, just as Optinet did. And that is upgrsding and maintaining the engine that powers that fiber.

That's once Charter and Comcast deploy their fiber network, all bets are off. They will crush Twin Lakes, Wow, Century Link, Ben Loman and every other Johnny come lately.

ATT stands alone.

This is a speedtest from when I first switched to BR in 2020. I was the first guy on my block. Low latency, no jitter. Now, it dances all over the place.

View attachment 457948
Don't know much about a lot of this but I am loving my tv set up immensly so far. I have had ATT internet with their UVerse tv package for several years and switched to their fiber optic internet coupled with DirectTV Stream. Main thing I love so far is sitting on my couch and saying "SEC Network" and it goes there immediately. My monthly bill goes down $40 as well.

Is anyone keeping up with the sec schedule change possibilities? Any idea what’s gonna change?

Thanks. I’ll hang up and listen

Reactions: Orange.
Is anyone keeping up with the sec schedule change possibilities? Any idea what’s gonna change?

Thanks. I’ll hang up and listen
I just read that they are either picking:

-8 game conference schedule with 1 repeating opponent and 7 rotating
-9 game conference schedule with 3 repeating opponents and 6 rotating

...both of these allowing playing every team at least once every other year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back