Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way in hell they can get away with separating Tennessee and Kentucky. 117 meetings dating back to 1893. Meeting every year since both schools joined the SEC in 1932, and the beer barrel started in 1925. I could trade USC for Vandy.

A friend of mine texted me something that looked like it was on a screen at a meeting with the probable 3 permanent schools for each team. We had Vandy, Bama, and USC. Bama had us, Auburn, and LSU.

Edit:didn’t realize it was in SI’s article. See above.

Funny, but in all seriousness Vandy would probably get us, Georgia, and Ole Miss. Bama would get us, Auburn, and Mississippi State. They'll probably argue Miss State is such close proximity they should be a permanent and it keeps it a little more even.
The article argues that being a top tier team, Bammer need to play two top tier teams. (Top tier based on recent history.) So since we are inserted into the recent weak-sisters half, Bammer gets Auburn, LSU, and Vols. :)

I know cheating Saban would instruct his underling Skankey to never allow anything that fair.

Our game has been moved to tomorrow

Tomorrow’s weather looks horrible until 5:00 PM. Wonder if they will double up and go 7 innings. That would take some of our advantage away.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrangenSC
I'm going to post what SI did, for easy reference.
I do recommend the entire (short) article to see how they divided the conference into two groups, etc.
View attachment 458008
the other part of this permanent 3 system would be that you cycle the other 12 teams on alternating years.

so 3 permanents + 6 other conference opponents
the next year you play 3 permanents and the other 6
year 3 you play the 3 permanents and alternate home/away for the first 6 you played
year 4 you play the 3 permanents and alternate home/away for the second 6 you played
rinse/repeat

means you play more opponents more often

the other part of this permanent 3 system would be that you cycle the other 12 teams on alternating years.

so 3 permanents + 6 other conference opponents
the next year you play 3 permanents and the other 6
year 3 you play the 3 permanents and alternate home/away for the first 6 you played
year 4 you play the 3 permanents and alternate home/away for the second 6 you played
rinse/repeat

means you play more opponents more often
Exactly. So everyone plays everyone within each two year stretch. And we go to every stadium and vice versa.

I would somewhat miss teams having big non-conference games, but it seems to me that it is certainly worth it to get this kind of level playing field in conference scheduling, while keeping three steady traditional opponents. And playing every stadium would be exciting and fun.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
A friend of mine texted me something that looked like it was on a screen at a meeting with the probable 3 permanent schools for each team. We had Vandy, Bama, and USC. Bama had us, Auburn, and LSU.

Edit:didn’t realize it was in SI’s article. See above.

Luckily for UT, we’re always tied to Vanderbilt in the future scheduling process.

Reactions: Brillovol
Also @BigSteve09 brought up a great point in the his post that kicked all of this off:

'Whatever happens, I just hope they don't try to hold neutral site games in Dallas, Atlanta, Houston, New Orleans, Nashville, Charlotte. I'm ok with rotating the SEC Championship, especially if we do end up implementing our own playoff. But I want to go see other campuses, and I want to host more fanbases."

What's your reasoning? I'd personally be in favor, because it reduces load on pitchers and reduces likelihood of someone getting a freak injury. If you lose you lose and regroup for regionals.

Run into one hot pitcher and your done. I think this team is programmed to win. I understand your point at looking at the “big picture”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back