Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard this song in the gym today, and thought, catchy tune. Then it immediately became the worst song I’ve ever heard!
Give it a listen if you haven’t already, for those that have, you already know.😬

Hey sorry I don't listen to songs without explicit permission from @DeusExMachina

I just read that they are either picking:

-8 game conference schedule with 1 repeating opponent and 7 rotating
-9 game conference schedule with 3 repeating opponents and 6 rotating

...both of these allowing playing every team at least once every other year.
Give me 9 with three repeating. Bama, Vandy, Kentucky.

We are most of the way through Day 2 of the tournament and we still haven't completed the first round. With no end to these storms until Friday... I'm not sure if they'll complete the tournament before selection day on Monday. The current schedule is to have the championship at 3pm Sunday. We're probably looking at some double headers on Saturday at least. Cramming the fourth round elimination games before the semifinals.

Bama would get us and Auburn, then they would probably get Vandy to keep it even. Which means Vandy would have to play us and Bama and would probably have to get Vandy for a third game because they need a cupcake.
Funny, but in all seriousness Vandy would probably get us, Georgia, and Ole Miss. Bama would get us, Auburn, and Mississippi State. They'll probably argue Miss State is such close proximity they should be a permanent and it keeps it a little more even.

We are most of the way through Day 2 of the tournament and we still haven't completed the first round. With no end to these storms until Friday... I'm not sure if they'll complete the tournament before selection day on Monday. The current schedule is to have the championship at 3pm Sunday. We're probably looking at some double headers on Saturday at least. Cramming the fourth round elimination games before the semifinals.

Bat flip contest and call it a tournament.

Don't know much about a lot of this but I am loving my tv set up immensly so far. I have had ATT internet with their UVerse tv package for several years and switched to their fiber optic internet coupled with DirectTV Stream. Main thing I love so far is sitting on my couch and saying "SEC Network" and it goes there immediately. My monthly bill goes down $40 as well.
ATT Uverse is their dsl. Essentially dial up.

ATT is a true GPON fiber network. Legit.

Bama would get us and Auburn, then they would probably get Vandy to keep it even. Which means Vandy would have to play us and Bama and would probably have to get Vandy for a third game because they need a cupcake.
Alabamer needs to get us, LSU, and Auburn. You can't take away the bammer game away from LSU; it's a ratings bonanza and their big hate game. (Old Piss is their old time, memory-lane rival (aka TN-Vandy)).

This happens because we get put in the weak sisters half of the conference for purposes of scheduling. Why not? (For once the last 20 years works to our advantage. They have us with bammer, Vandy, and USCjr.

Look at the SI article @BigSteve09 posted. Surprisingly, what is proposed there is pretty good.

9 game. Hands down 9 game
rooting for the 3-6-6 model, by the way. Seems like the best, and the one that would allow us to play the most conference opponents, and get some new scenery.

Whatever happens, I just hope they don't try to hold neutral site games in Dallas, Atlanta, Houston, New Orleans, Nashville, Charlotte. I'm ok with rotating the SEC Championship, especially if we do end up implementing our own playoff. But I want to go see other campuses, and I want to host more fanbases.

Reactions: SmokinBob

Rest the arms for regionals. Bigger picture. Who cares about Hoover? JMO at this point

Alabamer needs to get us, LSU, and Auburn. You can't take away the bammer game away from LSU; it's a ratings bonanza and their big hate game. (Old Piss is their old time, memory-lane rival (aka TN-Vandy)).

This happens because we get put in the weak sisters half of the conference for purposes of scheduling. Why not? (For once the last 20 years works to our advantage. They have us with bammer, Vandy, and USCjr.

Look at the SI article @BigSteve09 posted. Surprisingly, what is proposed there is pretty good.
There's no way in hell they can get away with separating Tennessee and Kentucky. 117 meetings dating back to 1893. Meeting every year since both schools joined the SEC in 1932, and the beer barrel started in 1925. I could trade USC for Vandy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back