Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also @BigSteve09 brought up a great point in the his post that kicked all of this off:

'Whatever happens, I just hope they don't try to hold neutral site games in Dallas, Atlanta, Houston, New Orleans, Nashville, Charlotte. I'm ok with rotating the SEC Championship, especially if we do end up implementing our own playoff. But I want to go see other campuses, and I want to host more fanbases."
if we have to play Oklahoma in Jerry World or LSU in the Sugar Dome then this experiment is a failure.

if we have to play Oklahoma in Jerry World or LSU in the Sugar Dome then this experiment is a failure.
Come to think of it, in addition to it taking away from the campus context and fun, moving games to neutral sites would be a way for the Birmingham office to re-rig the schedule by taking home field away from certain teams.

Come to think of it, in addition to it taking away from the campus context and fun, moving games to neutral sites would be a way for the Birmingham office to re-rig the schedule by taking home field away from certain teams.
It would totally screw over small businesses in college towns that depend on big game weekends.

Run into one hot pitcher and your done. I think this team is programmed to win. I understand your point at looking at the “big picture”.
It's a hard call. But we are not going to have a normal tournament. That seems settled. Hate it. I defer to people who know baseball better to riddle out which option is least worse.

Reactions: BigSteve09
I'm going to post what SI did, for easy reference.
I do recommend the entire (short) article to see how they divided the conference into two groups, etc.
View attachment 458008
This looks about as fair for all as I can imagine.

But we should trade with UGA; they get usce and we get UK. Makes more sense for them to have that border battle with usce than to have UK and it makes more sense for us to have UK than usce because of rivalry and long history.

Just trade SC for Kentucky with GA on the SI schedule. USCjr is even a GA border rival, (although Clemson was their big annual game that GA backed out of).

You get:
TN: Bammer, Vandy, KY
GA: Auburn, FL, SC

You beat me to it.

This looks about as fair for all as I can imagine.

But we should trade with UGA; they get usce and we get UK. Makes more sense for them to have that border battle with usce than to have UK and it makes more sense for us to have UK than usce because of rivalry and long history.

What's your reasoning? I'd personally be in favor, because it reduces load on pitchers and reduces likelihood of someone getting a freak injury. If you lose you lose and regroup for regionals.
I’m completely ok if we take an early exit from the SEC tourney….. I would rather have those arms fresh for the regionals.

I’m completely ok if we take an early exit from the SEC tourney….. I would rather have those arms fresh for the regionals.
Agree, but would rather it be canceled than lose! Can see the positives of getting out of a wet, single-elimination tourney, but I know it will be a tough loss to swallow, especially if it's vs. KY!

Our game has been moved to tomorrow

Tomorrow’s weather looks horrible until 5:00 PM. Wonder if they will double up and go 7 innings. That would take some of our advantage away.
This kind of crap makes me nervous. Why can't things just go smooth the one timecwe gave a truly great team chomping at the bit...I fear it will cause them to tense up.

We are most of the way through Day 2 of the tournament and we still haven't completed the first round. With no end to these storms until Friday... I'm not sure if they'll complete the tournament before selection day on Monday. The current schedule is to have the championship at 3pm Sunday. We're probably looking at some double headers on Saturday at least. Cramming the fourth round elimination games before the semifinals.

Sounds like God doesn't even like Bammer. #GetSECouttaBammer

Lol!

But believe it or not, my mum nearly died of Swine Flu in 2019. Was in a coma for 14 days, on ECMO and in the hospital for 62 days.
Apparently only about 5,000 people a year get it and she got it in tiny New Bern, NC.
She's fit as a fiddle now though.
Bless her. Glad she is better. I had second thoughts about the joke and decided it was acceptable only for a coach and a fan base who have no respect for the game.

Lol!

But believe it or not, my mum nearly died of Swine Flu in 2019. Was in a coma for 14 days, on ECMO and in the hospital for 62 days.
Apparently only about 5,000 people a year get it and she got it in tiny New Bern, NC.
She's fit as a fiddle now though.
That nasty bug just about got me in 2010. I really thought I might die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back