Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone elaborate and tell me what the “ “Vanderbilt Whistler” is about..like do these people really travel all over to watch the Vanderbilt team play just to whistle?😅😂😂

There is not enough confrontation in the country today. Glad to see somebody stepping up and doing something and then posting on social media. #abouttime

Can anyone elaborate and tell me what the “ “Vanderbilt Whistler” is about..like do these people really travel all over to watch the Vanderbilt team play just to whistle?😅😂😂

There are actually two of them. They go to all Vandy home games(for years) and many of the away games incl. tournament. They continuously whistle just as a Vandy pitcher is delivering his pitches. Even tons of Vandy fans despise them.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
twss.gif
No man. Not this. Hoping you didn't see the context, but this isn't the place or timing.

I will be offline shortly. Switching to fiber internet and going to a tv streaming as well. Tech will be here shortly.
make sure its 10 GB symmetrical, you know so you can connect your 50 laptops to it. 😅@volsonly

We have 200/ and have four smart TV's, several laptops, as many as 4-8 smart phones, several smart home features and not single stitch of cable TV.

Point is fiber is such a buzz word. You're likely copper throughout your house anyway. Hardware cant handle the speeds it generates.

Bristol Virginia Utilities was the first to kick off Epon or Gpon fiber 20 years ago. Most people dont realize that its a very inexpensive network to deploy. The devil is in the upkeep.

Public utilities face a massive roadblock to longevity and will likely sell out, just as Optinet did. And that is upgrsding and maintaining the engine that powers that fiber.

That's once Charter and Comcast deploy their fiber network, all bets are off. They will crush Twin Lakes, Wow, Century Link, Ben Loman and every other Johnny come lately.

ATT stands alone.

This is a speedtest from when I first switched to BR in 2020. I was the first guy on my block. Low latency, no jitter. Now, it dances all over the place.

983D3E43-F716-4C7D-8EED-4FB3726E7D96.jpeg

Reactions: Enki_Amenra

I've experienced this before. It's been since Pat Summitt was still coaching the lady vols. My parents and I would go to the vandy vs ut games at vandy every year. During the games I kept hearing whistling. I was like what in the world. Finally noticed that the whistling only occurred when the lady vols had possession of the ball. Super annoying.

Is that really accurate though?

Or is it that now the media simply covers it more often?

From a recent BBC article:

Firearms deaths are a fixture in American life.

There were 1.5 million of them between 1968 and 2017 - that's higher than the number of soldiers killed in every US conflict since the American War for Independence in 1775.
School shootings is what I was talking about.

And I know their wasn’t the media there is today, but no one complained and never felt threatened

"Incesently whistling at a sporting event is annoying and makes you an *******" should be basic common knowledge for any human adult... Yet they are still out there. It's like a "one in every crowd" deal. Growing up playing baseball and wrestling, always felt like there was that one guy.. lol.

Is that really accurate though?

Or is it that now the media simply covers it more often?

From a recent BBC article:

Firearms deaths are a fixture in American life.

There were 1.5 million of them between 1968 and 2017 - that's higher than the number of soldiers killed in every US conflict since the American War for Independence in 1775.
Ya we heard about a lot of 18 yo's walking into ELEMENTARY schools and murderinh children, back in the day.

Touchy subject for me. I seem to have misplaced my reason in place of emotion.

make sure its 10 GB symmetrical, you know so you can connect your 50 laptops to it. 😅@volsonly

We have 200/ and have four smart TV's, several laptops, as many as 4-8 smart phones, several smart home features and not single stitch of cable TV.

Point is fiber is such a buzz word. You're likely copper throughout your house anyway. Hardware cant handle the speeds it generates.

Bristol Virginia Utilities was the first to kick off Epon or Gpon fiber 20 years ago. Most people dont realize that its a very inexpensive network to deploy. The devil is in the upkeep.

Public utilities face a massive roadblock to longevity and will likely sell out, just as Optinet did. And that is upgrsding and maintaining the engine that powers that fiber.

That's once Charter and Comcast deploy their fiber network, all bets are off. They will crush Twin Lakes, Wow, Century Link, Ben Loman and every other Johnny come lately.

ATT stands alone.

This is a speedtest from when I first switched to BR in 2020. I was the first guy on my block. Low latency, no jitter. Now, it dances all over the place.

View attachment 457948
Fiber is not about the last few feet of wiring before hitting your router. It's about the entire grid you're on. Copper can provide 10gig max speed, but if your grid is copper instead of fiber, everyone on the grid shares that 10gig. If your grid is fiber, your grid max speed that everyone shares is in the terras. Granted no residential hardware can handle terras right now, but being guaranteed to never max out your grid is worth something, it's not just a buzz word.

Your other points are definitely valid though, fiber is much more volatile, and you want to make sure the company providing it is committed to maintenance and upkeep.

Lots going on here. Dude confronting him for clout and attention. Yes, the Whistler is annoying as sin but cmon. That's just as cringeworthy.

The Whistler's retort is to repeatedly yell, "Soy Boy!" What kind of pathetic rebound is that? Especially when your school is Vanderbilt.... there's more "soy boys" at that private liberal arts school than any other university in the conference.

Yes, the Whistler is a fan that goes to almost every game. And he whistles NONSTOP when Vandy is batting. It supposedly messes with pitchers? Can't say its helped them much this year. I can't believe Tim Corbin lets him do it.

Lots going on here. Dude confronting him for clout and attention. Yes, the Whistler is annoying as sin but cmon. That's just as cringeworthy.

The Whistler's retort is to repeatedly yell, "Soy Boy!" What kind of pathetic rebound is that? Especially when your school is Vanderbilt.... there's more "soy boys" at that private liberal arts school than any other university in the conference.

Yes, the Whistler is a fan that goes to almost every game. And he whistles NONSTOP when Vandy is batting. It supposedly messes with pitchers? Can't say its helped them much this year. I can't believe Tim Corbin lets him do it.
If you're not willing to punch the guy, no point in confronting him.

The guy was super cringey, any time someone says "hey get me on video doing this" you know it's going to be an eye roller.

Really disappointed the SEC/venue let's him ruin everyone else's experience.

Fiber is not about the last few feet of wiring before hitting your router. It's about the entire grid you're on. Copper can provide 10gig max speed, but if your grid is copper instead of fiber, everyone on the grid shares that 10gig. If your grid is fiber, your grid max speed that everyone shares is in the terras. Granted no residential hardware can handle terras right now, but being guaranteed to never max out your grid is worth something, it's not just a buzz word.

Your other points are definitely valid though, fiber is much more volatile, and you want to make sure the company providing it is committed to maintenance and upkeep.
The GPON networks seem to get overloaded easier than hybrid fiber/coax.

I will say this, the CEO of one company I call on is pushing 10 Gb over copper by years end. That's difference of owning your own fiber network, and, knowing the mathematics and engineering of, as you said, maintaining it.

One engineer who worked for a municipality said difference between private and public work is staggering.

Fiber fed nodes are a game changer for Coax networks.

Reactions: jave36
Prayers tonight for the families in Texas. Post may get taken down but: In the school I currently teach/coach in, I am one of three teachers who make up an armed intruder response team. We train with local law enforcement and qualify with our weapons. I conceal carry every day in the classroom. We don't publicize this, but many students are aware of this. Knowing that they will not be the only gun on campus is a HUGE deterrent.
THIS

This is brilliant. All those guys come to the player and tell the player where their weaknesses are and what they need to work on. This proved Grant was a student of the game who, instead of partying and relaxing up to the draft, was continuing to work and study, AND it weeds out the coaches and GMs Grant doesn't want to play for. Everyone who got offended by a brilliant kid like Grant evaluating their program has a giant ego that's probably inhibiting their team's success and growth.

Kinda like Peyton telling the Colts "if you dont draft me, I'll kick your ass every year." That office could've got offended and frustrated with that, instead they said, "We'll take him."

If you're not willing to punch the guy, no point in confronting him.

The guy was super cringey, any time someone says "hey get me on video doing this" you know it's going to be an eye roller.

Really disappointed the SEC/venue let's him ruin everyone else's experience.
Should treat it like Miss State's cowbells. Do whatever you want at your own venue. Not here, we won't tolerate it.

Reactions: jave36
Prayers tonight for the families in Texas. Post may get taken down but: In the school I currently teach/coach in, I am one of three teachers who make up an armed intruder response team. We train with local law enforcement and qualify with our weapons. I conceal carry every day in the classroom. We don't publicize this, but many students are aware of this. Knowing that they will not be the only gun on campus is a HUGE deterrent.
What state do you teach/coach in? …may be a good idea for our local school leaders to talk to yours.

ATT stands alone.

View attachment 457948
Is this any good? It works great for me, but was curious how it compares to others. . .
Screenshot_20220525-120702~2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back