Brandon Huntley-Hatfield enters the transfer portal

I feel like someone 6-10 who is extremely athletic could get off the floor and dunk the ball without having to gather himself for 5 minutes.

Y'all keep proving you don't watch much ball. Not every 17 year old kid comes to school playing like Shaq. Development is a thing. Transitioning is a thing. Confidence is a thing.

I don't know how anyone that watched BHH would consider him an "elite athlete." He truthfully doesn't have the quickness to play PF (maybe in college, but certainly not in the NBA). He's very long and has good strength for his age, but as far as agility or explosiveness, he was certainly not elite. Probably "good" for the college ranks, but straight up he isn't even as athletic as Fulky (at best on par with him). Now his ceiling is far higher than Fulky don't get me wrong.

If he has a future in the NBA, he is going to be playing the 5. He reminds me of post knee surgery Harry Giles. His skill game is very much lacking at this stage, he can't shoot at all, even in the midrange (he shot 15% from 3). Decent rebounder, but has no real feel for shot blocking. At the college level his lack of foot speed can be made up mostly by his length, but that obviously doesn't work in the NBA. He doesn't have good hands at all at this point, as he dropped a ton of passes in close. That is something that can certainly be taught though.

Y'all keep proving you don't watch much ball. Not every 17 year old kid comes to school playing like Shaq. Development is a thing. Transitioning is a thing. Confidence is a thing.
Work ethic and telling parents and leaches to butt out and let coaches do their jobs are things too.

Reactions: SmokeyLives
Nope. Aidoo has the higher floor. Huntley Hatfield has the higher ceiling. Some of you all have closed the book on the basketball career of an 18 year old. Dumb.
He probably does have a higher ceiling IF he gets the delusions of grandeur out of his head. Again if the work ethic isn’t there, the ceiling doesn’t matter. He wants guaranteed minutes without putting in the work. As the other guy said- dead horse. No use continuing to beat it. He gone and I don’t care. Don’t need players who won’t work.

Reactions: SmokeyLives
Well thats good I guess. Actually it means Auburn probably got their top target with Broome but I would hate to see him go off at Auburn.

Mehhh, not sure Louisville’s ceiling is higher than ours but whatever.

Well thats good I guess. Actually it means Auburn probably got their top target with Broome but I would hate to see him go off at Auburn.
They were gunning for 2/3 w BHH, Broome, Phillips. Can’t help but think this confirms what others have reported re Phillips to auburn.

They were gunning for 2/3 w BHH, Broome, Phillips. Can’t help but think this confirms what others have reported re Phillips to auburn.
His visit isn't until tomorrow - I would think it would be more concerning Broome since he's already visited. G-league is still a big possibility with Phillips so I would be surprised if they would've already told BHH thanks but no thanks.

Reactions: berryvol
Also BHH/Broome or more similar to each other than BHH/Phillips so I would think they only take 1 of those 2 and take Phillips.

VN Store

Back