Brandon Huntley-Hatfield enters the transfer portal

Keon is an exceptional athlete. BHH is a big, possibly a great athlete, but I saw a glimpse of that about 4-5 times all season because he was so tentative on the court. As someone said, I think in a combine setting he is posting very mediocre numbers compared to other "NBA" guys. I wish he would've stayed, we saw a few glimpses of a great player, but overall he wasn't very good. Aidoo has the higher ceiling and it was frustrating to see BHH out there over him at times.
You’ve got a bad data sample. He’s a very good athlete. I’ve been watching him play for four years. He did not find his groove in our offense until the end of the year, but he has great tools.

You’ve got a bad data sample. He’s a very good athlete. I’ve been watching him play for four years. He did not find his groove in our offense until the end of the year, but he has great tools.

I said he's possibly a great athlete. But for people that didn't watch him in high school, his rating, athleticism, and pedigree was not apparent when watching him play. I definitely agree he never looked comfortable or in a groove. I don't dislike the kid, hope he finds success. But I'm not very concerned about him leaving either.

I said he's possibly a great athlete. But for people that didn't watch him in high school, his rating, athleticism, and pedigree was not apparent when watching him play. I definitely agree he never looked comfortable or in a groove. I don't dislike the kid, hope he finds success. But I'm not very concerned about him leaving either.
Meh. I hope he finds success if he transfers outside the SEC. I hope he fails miserably if he transfers to another SEC school. Especially Auburn.

So are you one of his circle encouraging him into the portal? You come across as biased with the claims of nba scouts yet you can’t post any links to support your statements.

So are you one of his circle encouraging him into the portal? You come across as biased with the claims of nba scouts yet you can’t post any links to support your statements.
Do you have electricity available to you? If so, Google his name+nba scouting report. Choose your favorite one.

Reactions: Volflyfisher
It’s very possible that the coaches continued to say that to keep stroking his ego to try to get him to put the work in. And it just didn’t work. Upside means potential. Doesn’t include desire and work ethic. I do agree that the voices in his ear are the biggest issue with him which is a shame.

He's 6'10" or so. He was barely above the rim. That's being big, not athletic.

Vertical leap is not the only measurement of athleticism. There's not a lot of 6'10 250lb athletes that can make that play. He's a good athlete relative to his size.

Vertical leap is not the only measurement of athleticism. There's not a lot of 6'10 250lb athletes that can make that play. He's a good athlete relative to his size.

I agree it isn’t. Lateral quickness, speed up and down the court, explosive actions to block shots or create steals. Those are measurements of athleticism too. He isn’t good with those either. The man has basketball skills. He’s a lot like a young Grant, just taller. He could definitely reach Grant’s level with work.

I agree it isn’t. Lateral quickness, speed up and down the court, explosive actions to block shots or create steals. Those are measurements of athleticism too. He isn’t good with those either. The man has basketball skills. He’s a lot like a young Grant, just taller. He could definitely reach Grant’s level with work.

You’re out of your depth. You obviously haven’t watched him play much, or you don’t understand how athleticism works with size.

Reactions: johnfnkelly

Grant was a good athlete before he developed back/ hip issues.

Kid isn't Yves Pons so apparently he's not a good athlete

Where did anyone say he was not a good athlete? It has been argued that he is not an elite athlete. And that is true. He will measure between 6'9 to 6'10 with a very solid build. His ability to develop into an NBA player will be based on natural talent and basketball skillset that he currently has but that must become much more developed. Those things are why he has "NBA potential" as has been referenced. His NBA potential is not based on his extreme level of athleticism. Someone posted a clip in this thread to demonstrate his athleticism. Do you know how many 6'9 college basketball players have the athletic ability to make that exact same play? TONS. He has plenty of basketball potential and if his mind and work ethic change he might play in the NBA. But it will not be because he is some elite athlete.

Where did anyone say he was not a good athlete? It has been argued that he is not an elite athlete. And that is true. He will measure between 6'9 to 6'10 with a very solid build. His ability to develop into an NBA player will be based on natural talent and basketball skillset that he currently has but that must become much more developed. Those things are why he has "NBA potential" as has been referenced. His NBA potential is not based on his extreme level of athleticism. Someone posted a clip in this thread to demonstrate his athleticism. Do you know how many 6'9 college basketball players have the athletic ability to make that exact same play? TONS. He has plenty of basketball potential and if his mind and work ethic change he might play in the NBA. But it will not be because he is some elite athlete.

It was stated the only player BHH is more athletic than was Uros, which isn't true.

And there are not many 6'10 18 year olds that weigh 240-250 that can make that play.

You’re out of your depth. You obviously haven’t watched him play much, or you don’t understand how athleticism works with size.

Size plays no part in athleticism. They are completely separate things. Pons was much bigger than Turner, Lofton, or Watson. 10 times the athlete. Alexander and Aidoo are as tall as BHH, but they are much much more athletic.

It was stated the only player BHH is more athletic than was Uros, which isn't true.

And there are not many 6'10 18 year olds that weigh 240-250 that can make that play.

BHH is certainly more athletic than other players on our roster, outside of Uros. That seems a little far-fetched for whoever said that. You really believe that second part of your post?

BHH is certainly more athletic than other players on our roster, outside of Uros. That seems a little far-fetched for whoever said that. You really believe that second part of your post?

If you can find an 18 year old at BHH's size that can move like him I'd love to see it.

Jalen Duren is one.

Reactions: berryvol

VN Store

Back