NCAAT Game Thread: Lady Vols vs Buffalo/Belmont

Disagree. They were better last year, imo

Yeah, not sure what teams you watched all season but this Lady Vol team was light years better than last season. No injuries and we probably finish with 3-4 losses in the top 10.

The sheer fact that they didn’t fold when Burrell went down in the first game still makes me proud. I basically wrote the season off in that moment. They had other ideas though.

THANK YOU! I’m glad someone else had the gumption and intestinal fortitude to tell the truth. Laziness is exactly the problem and I don’t see hiw a player(s) can be that way. How do you get outworked vs Belmont? Not utilize your size at 6’6? Where is the Will and desire?

Don't know about Will, but Desire is down dancing at Pogo's Lounge & Grill.

Crème puff says Belmont was clearly the better team and we are lucky to win. He hates Tennessee as much as Rebecca Lobo. Just can’t stand to give us any credit.

We dominated the first half and they dominated the second. We closed the game and had the mental fortitude and toughness to win. Pretty sure that makes us the better team….

And not a mention of what this team has overcome. Losing our best player and leading scorer TWICE in one season (Burrell then Horston) plus losing our emotional leader (Green). And we are STILL in the Sweet 16. We may not have the best basketball players in the tournament but we have a team with heart and fight that wants it for more than just theirselves.

Crème puff says Belmont was clearly the better team and we are lucky to win. He hates Tennessee as much as Rebecca Lobo. Just can’t stand to give us any credit.

We dominated the first half and they dominated the second. We closed the game and had the mental fortitude and toughness to win. Pretty sure that makes us the better team….

And not a mention of what this team has overcome. Losing our best player and leading scorer TWICE in one season (Burrell then Horston) plus losing our emotional leader (Green). And we are STILL in the Sweet 16. We may not have the best basketball players in the tournament but we have a team with heart and fight that wants it for more than just theirselves.
Why does anyone care what Creme says now anyway? Isn't bracketology over?

Our team's biggest weakness is three point shooting so when a team gets hot from the three like they did in the second half they can come back on us. We always have a rough time with three point shooting teams cause we can't make any and ten threes is a lot more points than ten twos. Burrell was 2 for 12 we depend on her for more points that she got last night. Dye, Puckett, and Key made up for her, but we need her to join that group and have a productive game.

All comes out in the wash. That girl had only shot like 7 free throws all season. Knew she was gonna miss them both looking at her face as she walked up to the line. She’ll think of those for a long time.

This is good coaching!!!!!! Coaches picking the player to foul late in the game was KEY to our pulling out the win ….. Just Saying

We were clearly the better team in the first half and they were the better team in the second half, but not enough to offset us being better in the first half. Belmont has three players that could play for anybody, Wells, Hartley, and Jones. Those three are a handful for anyone to stop on defense.

Go Lady Vols! What a game.

I had an interesting comparison that I drew after the whole hair debacle on here. People often like to say, “What would Pat have said, or done, or she would give the stair….”

I hope people remember that Pat was a pioneer. Very few people, even Connies, would argue that without her there would not be this much enthusiasm for women’s basketball. (Yes, of course it still needs to grow.) But, she was such a remarkable woman, she was able to create a massive basketball community supporting women and what they do in super conservative Tennessee. People act like she’d be mad at the fashion, the hair, the nails, the Black Lives Matter Movement. She was a feminist, she loved every single player, and had class and character of Dolly. And she only wanted to improve everything she touched. So she would’ve evolved.

Hey, and if she hadn’t grown with the times, by now she would just be Kim Mulkey.

I wonder why Kelly didn’t go back to the Four Frosh lineup in the 2nd half. That speed and tenacity, really messed up Belmont. Could’ve even had Walker in with the four. Played nearly a 5 out with the bugs being the kick out on the drives for 3. Much like the first half, Belmont would’ve been completely confused.

Oh please just stop it! I like Harper and hope we continue to get better under her. We got a long ways to go. No reason to tear down Barnes, he is a good man and he wins a whole lot more than he loses and his teams can pass, play defense and hustle their rears off. He is a fine coach, worth every penny! GBO!
Sorry but I lost all respect for him with the UCLA gambit. I won’t support him. I know I maybe totally alone on this but this is one of the reasons I don’t like Jeff Waltz so it would be hypocritical of me to give Barnes a pass.

He’s an ass.

I wonder why Kelly didn’t go back to the Four Frosh lineup in the 2nd half. That speed and tenacity, really messed up Belmont. Could’ve even had Walker in with the four. Played nearly a 5 out with the bugs being the kick out on the drives for 3. Much like the first half, Belmont would’ve been completely confused.
I usually expect a drop off of when Kellie takes the starters out and puts the freshmen out on the floor but whew they were amazing yesterday!!!!

VN Store

Back