NCAAT Game Thread: Lady Vols vs Buffalo/Belmont

Sorry but I lost all respect for him with the UCLA gambit. I won’t support him. I know I maybe totally alone on this but this is one of the reasons I don’t like Jeff Waltz so it would be hypocritical of me to give Barnes a pass.
He pursued a better job which people do all the time in all professions. It’s not a reason to hate him.

Yeah, not sure what teams you watched all season but this Lady Vol team was light years better than last season. No injuries and we probably finish with 3-4 losses in the top 10.

The sheer fact that they didn’t fold when Burrell went down in the first game still makes me proud. I basically wrote the season off in that moment. They had other ideas though.
I don’t think last year’s team lost twice to teams that played on Wednesday in the SEC tournament. The selection committee apparently agrees with me too because we were a higher seed last year.

He’s an ass.
How can he say Belmont was the better team...Belmont is a good defensive team and played a good game as expected...If Belmont was the team, why were they ranked 12th in the tourney...Even for the game last night, LVs looked the part of the better team that took on a tough and scrappy team...Just because a lower plays well against a higher seed, it DOES NOT make that lower seed the better team...[Creme put that in your corn-cob pipe] LVFL 🧡🏀🧡

How can he say Belmont was the better team...Belmont is a good defensive team and played a good game as expected...If Belmont was the team, why were they ranked 12th in the tourney...Even for the game last night, LVs looked the part of the better team that took on a tough and scrappy team...Just because a lower plays well against a higher seed, it DOES NOT make that lower seed the better team...[Creme put that in your corn-cob pipe] LVFL 🧡🏀🧡
…nvm

The "Better" team finds a way to win.
The better team definitely doesn’t always win in basketball. Nobody thinks Saint Peter’s has a better team than Kentucky. The luck component in basketball is quite a bit higher than in other sports like football. The only other sport with a more significant luck factor is baseball/softball

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I don’t think last year’s team lost twice to teams that played on Wednesday in the SEC tournament. The selection committee apparently agrees with me too because we were a higher seed last year.

I agree last year's team was better. This team caught a huge break catching a 12 seed in the second round, and got to play at home. I feel pretty confident Tennessee doesn't win that game last night on a neutral court...

@Darth_Vol can we get a scouting report on your man crush's team?

midnight-staley-pain.gif

Reactions: 37620VOL
Pat only MISSED one s16 in her career. This team has met the bare minimum acceptable standard of this program for the first time in 6 years.
There was a huge drop off after the first 5-10 players in the country when Pat coached and Pat generally had a lot of the top 10 players on her teams. Nowadays, coaches are better, more women's teams are being supported with resources they need to be successful and the dropoff from a top 10 player to a top 100 player is much less. Comparing Pat's success in her time to teams in this day and age is like comparing apples and Oranges.

The better team definitely doesn’t always win in basketball. Nobody thinks Saint Peter’s has a better team than Kentucky. The luck component in basketball is quite a bit higher than in other sports like football. The only other sport with a more significant luck factor is baseball/softball
Teams that are stronger, work harder, have been in those types of situations during the season tend to be luckier. When they win, they are the better team. What was Belmonts strength of schedule in comparison to Tennessee and i doubt their league prepared like Tennessee's did.

He’s not really wrong though. It definitely took some good fortune late (or misfortune on the part of Belmont by missing 2 free throws) to win that game.

It's hilariously ironic I saw some other posters saying the only way UConn gets to the FInal Four is if the other team chokes, when Tennessee is only in the Sweet 16 because Belmont choked. Hard.

Does it not still count as a win? Should Kellie offer to give the W to Belmont?

VN Store

Back