NCAAT Game Thread: Lady Vols vs Buffalo/Belmont

It's hilariously ironic I saw some other posters saying the only way UConn gets to the FInal Four is if the other team chokes, when Tennessee is only in the Sweet 16 because Belmont choked. Hard.

Does it not still count as a win? Should Kellie offer to give the W to Belmont?
UConn would not be going anywhere but home if the other team hadn't choked on free throws last night.

UConn would not be going anywhere but home if the other team hadn't choked on free throws last night.

Was UConn down in the final minute with the other team at the line and a chance to make it a two possession game?

I honestly don't know, I didn't watch...

Was UConn down in the final minute with the other team at the line and a chance to make it a two possession game?

I honestly don't know, I didn't watch...
LOL you probably didn't watch bc your mobile goalpost relocation service was so busy.

No it wasn't that tight of a situation. Bottom line though, while it makes great board fodder, I don't think anyone will give a ripe damn about how anyone got to the S16 within a day or so. Luck, grit, pixie dust, in the long run, no one will remember or care about that part.

No it wasn't that tight of a situation. Bottom line though, while it makes great board fodder, I don't think anyone will give a ripe damn about how anyone got to the S16 within a day or so. Luck, grit, pixie dust, in the long run, no one will remember or care about that part.

That was my overall point. It's just funny how perspectives change when it's a rival team it's about luck and what the other team didn't do, when it's your team it's about heart and making clutch plays...

I do think defensively we are better than we showed last night. But….ups and downs and Belmont has an offense.
Our big defensive bugaboo is not closing out on 3 pt shooters. Not sure why that's such an ongoing problem.
ALSO…. season low 9 turnovers.
And 4 of those were on Snoop, who obviously more than made up for them. 5 t.o.s among the rest of the team for a full game? That was the first miracle.

Our big defensive bugaboo is not closing out on 3 pt shooters. Not sure why that's such an ongoing problem.

And 4 of those were on Snoop, who obviously more than made up for them. 5 t.o.s among the rest of the team for a full game? That was the first miracle.
Yeah Snoop was making alot of errors when Belmont turned UP the pressure some were careless like the out of bound turnover right under Belmont basket

Yeah Snoop was making alot of errors when Belmont turned UP the pressure some were careless like the out of bound turnover right under Belmont basket

That TO was the low point of the game. It was an inexplicable mental lapse. Without Snoop, this team would be on vacation but still those kind of unforced mistakes should not happening to a 5th year senior.

That TO was the low point of the game. It was an inexplicable mental lapse. Without Snoop, this team would be on vacation but still those kind of unforced mistakes should not happening to a 5th year senior.
Exactly. Actually, she had a help defense lapse that led to a score that led to the inexplicable inbound miscue. A 4 pt lapse. But then again, she has been our savior the entire postseason. But that came only after completely disappearing for a stretch down the stretch.

Welcome to the 2022 Lady Vols! This kind of inconsistency is exactly how this season has gone, along with the injuries. That they have fought through it all to get to this point is incredible.

Next step, next year, I think we see good players play well far more consistently.

Last edited:
I thought our OOC was loaded with good games. UCF just took a healthy Uconn to the brink, in spite of some officiating that went against them.
yes if they had south dakota refs unconn out of turnment they were around ten wtf calls on ucf to get unconn going and help unconn make sweet sixteen.

I agree last year's team was better. This team caught a huge break catching a 12 seed in the second round, and got to play at home. I feel pretty confident Tennessee doesn't win that game last night on a neutral court...

Kids say the darndest things.

I declare, I nearly snorted Fresca out my nose after reading the latest pronouncement.

Don't know about Will, but Desire is down dancing at Pogo's Lounge & Grill.

And I am sooo happy for the players, coaching staff and Volnation. But this should not excuse the product on the floor last night. Survive and advance is the motto but the Lady Vol team should not have been in that situation. But again, they won and I am happy about that as I love all UT sports!

Really walker’s fault. You have to be engaged and pay attention. She looked down court and totally ignored in inbound. All Dye could have done is foul and risk am and 1.
Hmm, thats a real stretch. Dye could have actually looked at the person she was passing to and discovered 1) the player she was inbounding to was correctly sizing up the situation she'd be going into and not yet ready for the pass and 2) ole Tuti with the rolled up leg was right behind her, ready for the easy pick off. Dye scooped that ball up and flicked it inbounds like she was playing a pickup game. Was on autopilot. Got burned. But totally made up for it.

IMO Walker played very well these two games.

VN Store

Back