NCAAT Game Thread: Lady Vols vs Buffalo/Belmont

I would have to go with Puckett. Came in off the bench and rocked out 7 points quickly. And proceeded to play hard even after getting the breath knocked out of her. Played harder than our other center.
No problem with that pick. I just thought Dye was the go to player down the stretch in those crucial minutes when no one else stepped up. She was the dog who refused to be denied.

HUGE bucket by Puckett to put us head though. Clutch.

I would have to go with Puckett. Came in off the bench and rocked out 7 points quickly. And proceeded to play hard even after getting the breath knocked out of her. Played harder than our other center.

I hope that shot she made is indicative of the freshmen being able to finish games for us. In the past we have had a lot of trouble getting that play we need to get over the hump.

Also should point out that Rae was unselfish and got her the ball when she had nothing open for herself. That is an improvement in her game too.

I would feel so much better if Kellie plays BK more than Walker this next game. Just roll the dice Kellie! 😩
I don’t think it would’ve been as close as it was if she started with the group that ended the second. Also, for BK not to get any pt the last 9 minutes of the quarter when Walker was terrible is inexcusable.

Haha! Yep! I really wanted us to get to a S16 for our freshman to get the experience, and for us to give ourselves a chance to see what we can do. We also needed to break the 2nd round curse. A lot of pressure on the team(s) hosting to advance on their home floor. I’m hoping now we can just play basketball.

We gotta be a lot better against L’ville to keep it respectable. We seem to play better in the underdog role, so let’s see what happens.

I agree! Pressure is off now, just have fun.

Benefit that we get a few days rest. This team doesn’t do well with quick turn around games. Our beat up players need more recovery time.

We are also better when we have more time to game plan defensively. Louisville is a good team but we matchup pretty well. They aren’t overly fast and we are just slightly bigger. Similar style of play. Should be a really fun game to watch. Key is going to need to be big and stay out of foul trouble. They like to score in the paint and she makes that really, really tough.

That was so stressful to watch at work. Even had the men at the bar into the game. It wasn't pretty but we won. Key making clutch FT and Sara making that clutch 3. Dye giving it here all. Great win LV!!

I think the whole state of TN erupted when that Sara 3 ball played string music through the net.

I agree! Pressure is off now, just have fun.

Benefit that we get a few days rest. This team doesn’t do well with quick turn around games. Our beat up players need more recovery time.

We are also better when we have more time to game plan defensively. Louisville is a good team but we matchup pretty well. They aren’t overly fast and we are just slightly bigger. Similar style of play. Should be a really fun game to watch. Key is going to need to be big and stay out of foul trouble. They like to score in the paint and she makes that really, really tough.

Agreed! If Key gets in foul trouble, we’ll be in big trouble. I’m also worried about our rebounding. It felt like Belmont dominated us for stretches on the boards.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Anyone wasting energy thinking about or complaining about how Tennessee played, or how we should have beaten Belmont by 25, needs to just STOP IT! :p

The way this week is going our Lady Vols are very, Very, VERY fortunate to be moving on to the Sweet 16, and it doesn't matter if they just barely made it. THEY MADE IT!!!! They finally got out from under that "no Sweet 16 since 2016" burden. Who knows? Maybe this will help them find another gear and give Louisville a game.

VN Store

Back