NCAAT Game Thread: Lady Vols vs Buffalo/Belmont

Boy, a huge win sure brings out the negative nellies. I was at the game hollering my lungs out. When I came home, the new thread I see was how horrendous the attendance was by someone who was watching it at home on TV. I expected the game thread to be negative in the second half, so I just looked at the last few pages that were done right after the huge win and saw an amazing number of NASTY comments about the look of TK, the "lazy" members of the team, and a focus on turnovers when we just had 9. I personally feel like it was a huge win for the program. This will really be something to build on given that everything the team has been through, and will certainly help recruiting. Yes, they are a frustrating team to watch at times but it is mean spiritedness to chose to heave all these personal attacks just within minutes after such a big win. Those who chose to do that reflect their own character and shed no insight about the Lady Vols. By the way, the attendance will take care of itself with wins like this and a more talented and experienced team next year.

Boy, a huge win sure brings out the negative nellies. I was at the game hollering my lungs out. When I came home, the new thread I see was how horrendous the attendance was by someone who was watching it at home on TV. I expected the game thread to be negative in the second half, so I just looked at the last few pages that were done right after the huge win and saw an amazing number of NASTY comments about the look of TK, the "lazy" members of the team, and a focus on turnovers when we just had 9. I personally feel like it was a huge win for the program. This will really be something to build on given that everything the team has been through, and will certainly help recruiting. Yes, they are a frustrating team to watch at times but it is mean spiritedness to chose to heave all these personal attacks just within minutes after such a big win. Those who chose to do that reflect their own character and shed no insight about the Lady Vols. By the way, the attendance will take care of itself with wins like this and a more talented and experienced team next year.

Exactly!!!!! Great post.

Serious question - How in the world does #20 for Lady Vols play with hair extensions all the way down her back and flipping and flying all over, plus huge, fake eyelashes with whatever goop holds those on and finally, the manicured, painted nails. Why does the head coach even allow a player to have all that garb on during games ?? Don't think Coach Summitt would be ok with this.

Why do you care? Mind the business that pays you because #20, or Tamari Key as her mother named her, is the all time leader in blocks in Lady Vols history and she does it all with lashes, nails and long braids that keeps her hair protected during the long season. Just watch the game and enjoy it. Y'all kill me.

Great win lady vols!! It’s clear what it takes to win in post season play.. 1) lock down team defense 2) A leader who makes big plays 3) knock down big shots! 4) rebounding 5) 3 point shooters (they have to trust Tess Darby more! (We have to recruit more 3 point shooters). We need a leader to follow behind! Hopefully Jordan can play in the sweet 16.

Why do you care? Mind the business that pays you because #20, or Tamari Key as her mother named her, is the all time leader in blocks in Lady Vols history and she does it all with lashes, nails and long braids that keeps her hair protected during the long season. Just watch the game and enjoy it. Y'all kill me.
Love this response! Leave these players alone! Seeing Tamari’s Feminism and individuality in todays game is a delight to see.

Well said

Reactions: chuckiepoo and Lucy
I just finished rewatching the game, and I'm 'bout ready to start a petition to have Dye's jersey retired after only being a Lady Vol for one season. Good GAWD she was relentless! It felt like she scored 40 instead of 20 because I was feeling so nervous and afraid we'd let it slip away and then, HUGE BUCKET or HUGE REBOUND. Time and time again she came through with a bucket right when we needed it.

PUCKETT's timing for scoring and rebounds was unbelievable, too. So impressive. I may never get settled down enough to get any sleep. Or maybe there's a little part of me that's scared if I go to sleep I'll eventually wake up and find out it was all just a dream.

My "sports year" is certainly made, to be sure. 🧡

Love this response! Leave these players alone! Seeing Tamari’s Feminism and individuality in todays game is a delight to see.

It just bothers me...like why do you care?? TK helped us win today, that's all that matter. I think the "extensions" comment bothered me most because my mother and sisters are hair stylists and these ppl know nothing about black hair or protective styles. Also Sheryl Swoopes used to play with a full set of nails and was MVP and DPOY in the WNBA. Women's sports is the toughest to please...they get upset with the masculine players and also talk sh*t when a player is feminine and wearing lashes etc. Just watch the game in enjoy.

VN Store

Back