NCAAT Game Thread: Lady Vols vs Buffalo/Belmont

That sounds about right when it comes to UT administration. They were crappy even when I went to school there (The President had been just fired for using University Funding to expand his house). There isn't a more cushy job (or corrupt job) than being a University President.
The University owns his house. Try again.

So, I don’t post here very often, so perhaps I’ve seen more negativity than is actually on here.

But I have to say, after a win to get the Lady Vols back to the Sweet Sixteen for the first time in years, I’m frankly amazed at the negative comments -- calling out HBKH, calling out the players by name, calling out how they do their hair and nails (are you kidding me?).

I would think this board would be bubbling over with excitement and gratitude for Puckett hitting that shot after almost getting concussion, and Key just calmly hitting those FTs. Instead, there are people talking about Harper being fired, and the need to recruit players to replace the current ones. And so on, and so forth, ad nauseum.

Frankly, I’m excited to see this win, however it happened. And if this team loses to Louisville (which I think it will), it will still have been a successful season -- especially when you consider the injuries.
Excellent post. If life were fair there are about ten posters who would not be allowed to derive any happiness from this win as they spent the entire game on here bitching and moaning.

Who was President? Johnson gone by then? I can’t locate the individual you are referring to. Jonson, iirc, was our best president regarding athletics. I think I have the rt name.
He wasn’t there that long. His wife smoked pot at a University function at the president’s house. He was fired for unauthorized spending. Can not think of his name.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I don’t understand the officiating, they looked at that dang monitor way too long on all them plays. They weren’t that close. Then in the UConn game they call central Florida for entering the lane to quick on free throw When replay shows UConn girl actually stepped in first and they don’t even look at it. It was inside a minute left. Good grief after 1 minute at the monitor if you can’t see a definite overturn just let it stand. It’s ridiculous the amount of time they spent in our game and then nada in the UConn game. The officials are dictating the game too much. And the women’s officiating is just plain horrid!

Well she hasn’t blackmailed UT for a big raise like Saint Barnes.
Oh please just stop it! I like Harper and hope we continue to get better under her. We got a long ways to go. No reason to tear down Barnes, he is a good man and he wins a whole lot more than he loses and his teams can pass, play defense and hustle their rears off. He is a fine coach, worth every penny! GBO!

Because you’re using the thoughts of what you assume someone would allow in 2022 to cast doubt of any kind on a Player in this program. Yes it was ignorant. If there were issues with her play because of it I’m sure it’d have been addressed.

No - because I asked a sincere question of curiosity and was attacked personally for it.
Must be some real "mad at the world" people here with a giant Lady Vol chip on their shoulder.

I'm a Knoxville boy who grew up a Vols fan and have been very happy about all their success.
I also understand how hard it is to have once been the dominant program in the country and to now have to rebuild back to that level.
But this "hair trigger" anger at anyone who asks a question that is then interpreted as being critical of the current program is a bit over the top.

Reactions: Higbee
She just broke Candace Parker’s record for blocked shots. I think she’d be just fine.
How do you call yourself a fan and don’t even know her name and then have the audacity to criticize her image? Yes your post is ignorant and has nothing to do with how she can perform. Just like anyone else Pat would’ve changed with the times…

Reactions: Lucy and luballer
Nothing but huge respect for Belmont and their excellent coach and players. They really outworked us tonight in that second half, but we found a way to win thanks to cool and determined Sarah Puckett. I was thinking Burrell wasn't going to give up the ball and make one of her bad forced plays so credit to her for the assist. Were one of only two SEC teams left standing as Mulkey got pummeled at home tonight. Tamari Key making those huge free throws. This game about did me in but a win is a win.

Read some of the post way back and looks like the Nega Vols were out in force tonight. Well they can crawl back in their hole for another week were still playing. I think some of these posters are just pathetic losers in life. We move on with our coach and players sweet sixteen we are here!!!!

Read some of the post way back and looks like the Nega Vols were out in force tonight. Well they can crawl back in their hole for another week were still playing. I think some of these posters are just pathetic losers in life. We move on with our coach and players sweet sixteen we are here!!!!

Wait until we lose to a number 1 seed ! WHICH WE ARE SUPPOSED TO LOSE TO THEM ….
But Darth and the other nega Vols will come out in force next Saturday! Like Kellie is a bad coach and how terrible our players are ! Just such a SAD life these people must have?

Wait till Jackson decides to go to a different school ….. which is her right !!!!! Can’t you just hear them ….. Kellie can’t recruit good players! And on and on ……. You can predict the negativity!!!!!! Wait till Christmas when they start telling us there’s no Santa Claus ….. JEEEZ 🤷‍♂️

VN Store

Back