‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

Thought of an example. Where I work we contract for grain. The contracts say that a supplier must deliver a certain minimums and maximums each month at the contracted price. If they go over they get the day's spot price.

However their grain can be rejected if the quality is too poor or else they can be penalized for things like damage, disease, toxins, or too much moisture. In some contracts, the supplier actually has to pay our company the value of any grain short of their contracted amount.

When contracts are written, both sides have obligated "deliverables".

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Complete speculation on my part, but I would agree. The value of his NIL is absolutely tied to performance, whether the contract can read that way or not.
He has to play well inorder to be marketable. If not he can't make the full 2M. Dosent need to be written in the contract its just pure logic.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
Assuming it is Nico:
  • He has signed his NIL rights to Spyre
  • In exchange, Spyre is giving him $350k now
  • Spyre will also give him up to $2m/year
  • He can sign with another school, but Spyre controls his NIL
    • Theoretically, if Nico went to Alabama they could make him only do ads for Nappy Wingz in Knoxville and prevent him from doing ads for Nick Saban Dodge
    • Spyre could also sit on his rights and not have him do any NIL at all, but Spyre would still have to pay him the up-to $2m
  • The payments cannot be incentive based - so if he stinks and rides the bench, he still gets the Spyre money

Only thing wrong is he can’t get paid NIL money if he’s not doing NIL work. Thats a NCAA rule

Right, assuming the $2M isn't guaranteed and really is "up to".
The only way it would be guaranteed is if they also guarantee to give him NIL opportunities. If they own the rights and withhold all work, merchandise then he can’t get paid according to the NCAA

Reactions: SSVol
Well if that happens so be it...Tayven would be a sophomore and a year in the system. Nico will be number 2 and learn...simple...not a big deal
And in the current virtual unlimited free agency that is college football, a quarterback is basically a single season resource if they are any good. It is the modern equivalent of a top gunslinger. He will go to the highest bidder for a single job

Complete speculation on my part, but I would agree. The value of his NIL is absolutely tied to performance, whether the contract can read that way or not.
Not necessarily, that much money would be tied to the amount of advertising he does with the NIL contract. The more he advertises, and moves product, the more he makes

Also...Long Beach...the LBC... is where Snoop Dog hails from...coincidence?

Snoop is a Vol.
iu

Not necessarily, that much money would be tied to the amount of advertising he does with the NIL contract. The more he advertises, and moves product, the more he makes

Unless he is famous for something other than football, his value as an advertiser is almost completely tied to his success in football. If HB were still on the team, I seriously doubt he would be generating any meaning ad revenue.

Why do people believe this? We never pay for big splash coaches and our NIL game was way behind the curve in the recruiting cycle that closed barely a month ago, but now were gonna shock the world with the largest NIL deal on record? C’mon man!
We just coughed up massive money for Barnes and we finally got the elusive SEC championship. 🤡

Last edited:
We have one of the highest paid basketball and baseball coaches in the SEC….. we also paid for one of the most respected and highest paid AD’s in the business…. Spyre is expected to raise 30,000,000 dollars to pay recruits/players….. you need to start paying attention.
He’s butthurt that Chip Kelly’s UCLA is poorin it. 😏

Well we are between almost and got him status...We are working our way to pretty much a done deal and damn i hope he signs with us...Getting exciting around here...Try to keep up.....Damn :-D
I don't think he will sign letter. He just shows as a walk on and pays his on way. If he doesn't show up, he keeps the 350,000 and the 8mil goes away. He would get 2 mil a year for 4 years if he stays 4 years. That is what I read a couple of days ago

VN Store

Back