‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

that is so true, but i think tennessee is in a position where they are going to have to push their chips in the middle and bet big to get a player with the potential of this kid. it will have been 20 years since we have gotten a QB this high profile, and i doubt this move is being made unless heupel believes he is the real deal.
Why do people believe this? We never pay for big splash coaches and our NIL game was way behind the curve in the recruiting cycle that closed barely a month ago, but now were gonna shock the world with the largest NIL deal on record? C’mon man!

Reactions: feathersax
Why do people believe this? We never pay for big splash coaches and our NIL game was way behind the curve in the recruiting cycle that closed barely a month ago, but now were gonna shock the world with the largest NIL deal on record? C’mon man!
We have one of the highest paid basketball and baseball coaches in the SEC….. we also paid for one of the most respected and highest paid AD’s in the business…. Spyre is expected to raise 30,000,000 dollars to pay recruits/players….. you need to start paying attention.

We have one of the highest paid basketball and baseball coaches in the SEC….. we also paid for one of the most respected and highest paid AD’s in the business…. Spyre is expected to raise 30,000,000 dollars to pay recruits/players….. you need to start paying attention.
The only reason we don’t have a high paid football coach is because the big boys didn’t want the job due to sanctions. Thank God for Huepel

So we basically gave him $350k and hope a 18yr old will keep his "word", yet he can still sign anywhere he wants and nothing TN can do about it?

HELP PLEASE. I have heard or read somewhere that NIL "deals" cannot stipulate (1) which school(s) a player must attend and (2) cannot be performance based. Is this true anywhere or everywhere? I also keep seeing references to the variability by state of capabilities for the deals to be completed. Any truth? Is there a good comprehensive read somewhere?

HELP PLEASE. I have heard or read somewhere that NIL "deals" cannot stipulate (1) which school(s) a player must attend and (2) cannot be performance based. Is this true anywhere or everywhere? I also keep seeing references to the variability by state of capabilities for the deals to be completed. Any truth? Is there a good comprehensive read somewhere?
I have no idea as I thought the same thing. Apparently this kid got $350k with no guarantee, yet he signed NIL deal stating he can't go somewhere else, but his deal states "if the contract is violated, all money is voided"?

I'm the last person to ask about this because I still have no understanding how it works.

Let’s be clear - Nobody posting has seen the contract so it’s all speculation.

Will be interesting to see what AP has to say on the podcast 24 hours from now. He already told us a contract was possible. Will he tell us it's done? Will he hint at it?

Either way, I'll be listening.

Reactions: Bruce Wayne
Watch, we pay him this much only for Tayven to start over him 💀
Why do people care about this? If Tayven wins the job, guess what? He'll start, and he'll get paid. Nico will probably transfer out at that point to another school and we will no longer pay him.

If we spend money we have and end up with a great QB who wins us games, does it matter who that is? Best I recall, Milton was a rental until Bailey took the job, and Hooker was never gonna play. Nailed that.
First time I can remember a staff aggressively bringing in QB's (while the fans griped) and shockingly, a good one emerged from the group. Just like all of the good programs...

VN Store

Back