‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

Watch, we pay him this much only for Tayven to start over him 💀
Maybe then Tayen can play Q1 & Q2 and the first series of Q3 and we are so far ahead points wise that Nico gets true experience as a freshman on the field finishing the game so our starters don't get injured!

2. The $8 million NIL player in the 2023 class is obvious and an outlier.
ubw3wbzrfezkvrodhgjz

Arch Manning (Rivals.com)
Farrell's Take: FACT. The Athletic reported that a class of 2023 prospect has signed an $8 million deal for Name, Image and Likeness and I saw many guessing who it would be. While many guessed right, at least in my opinion, it was puzzling that this wasn’t obvious. And this prospect, assuming it’s who I think it is, is a complete outlier when it comes to a deal like this because of his position and last name. Of course I’m talking about
Arch Manning
the son of Cooper Manning, nephew of Peyton and Eli and grandson of Archie. A number that large can only be for a QB and it makes sense it would be a QB with a massive name. I could be wrong as my sources tell me that the Mannings have been very slow and careful when it comes to NIL, but who else could it be?

ubw3wbzrfezkvrodhgjz

Farrell's Take: FACT. The Athletic reported that a class of 2023 prospect has signed an $8 million deal for Name, Image and Likeness and I saw many guessing who it would be. While many guessed right, at least in my opinion, it was puzzling that this wasn’t obvious. And this prospect, assuming it’s who I think it is, is a complete outlier when it comes to a deal like this because of his position and last name. Of course I’m talking about
Arch Manning
the son of Cooper Manning, nephew of Peyton and Eli and grandson of Archie. A number that large can only be for a QB and it makes sense it would be a QB with a massive name. I could be wrong as my sources tell me that the Mannings have been very slow and careful when it comes to NIL, but who else could it be?
He is a moron. The article said he is getting paid now. Arch can't get paid in Louisiana. Mike Farrell is literally the worst at his job. It is amazing to me that he gets paid to do what he does.

If he signed a contract, that means Spyre owns his NIL, exclusively. He can't sign another NIL unless Spyre releases him. Is my thinking correct here?
Depends on how the agreement reads.

Does bring something to mind though. If he for some reason signed with another school... Spyre could sell his contract.... for a profit that could be put back into UT players.

We have one of the highest paid basketball and baseball coaches in the SEC….. we also paid for one of the most respected and highest paid AD’s in the business…. Spyre is expected to raise 30,000,000 dollars to pay recruits/players….. you need to start paying attention.

What if Attention takes the down payment and then decides to sign somewhere else? Will the Collective retain it's rights to Attention? Does Attention have to live in a specific geographic location?

If he signed a contract, that means Spyre owns his NIL, exclusively. He can't sign another NIL unless Spyre releases him. Is my thinking correct here?

Assuming it is Nico:
  • He has signed his NIL rights to Spyre
  • In exchange, Spyre is giving him $350k now
  • Spyre will also give him up to $2m/year
  • He can sign with another school, but Spyre controls his NIL
    • Theoretically, if Nico went to Alabama they could make him only do ads for Nappy Wingz in Knoxville and prevent him from doing ads for Nick Saban Dodge
    • Spyre could also sit on his rights and not have him do any NIL at all, but Spyre would still have to pay him the up-to $2m
  • The payments cannot be incentive based - so if he stinks and rides the bench, he still gets the Spyre money

What if Attention takes the down payment and then decides to sign somewhere else? Will the Collective retain it's rights to Attention? Does Attention have to live in a specific geographic location?
I don’t think the people writing the contracts are going to give anyone a bunch of money and allow them to take the money and go sign somewhere else.

Assuming it is Nico:
    • Theoretically, if Nico went to Alabama they could make him only do ads for Nappy Wingz in Knoxville and prevent him from doing ads for Nick Saban Dodge
    • Spyre could also sit on his rights and not have him do any NIL at all, but Spyre would still have to pay him the up-to $2m
  • The payments cannot be incentive based - so if he stinks and rides the bench, he still gets the Spyre money

Up to 2M. It may not be performance based, but something governs whether it is 2M or less than that.

Depends on how the agreement reads.

Does bring something to mind though. If he for some reason signed with another school... Spyre could sell his contract.... for a profit that could be put back into UT players.
that's actually a good point. that makes this an investable commodity so to speak....that's how you can ease the minds of the "big money", and ensure you keep the coffers full.

Reactions: sjt18
Assuming it is Nico:
Have you seen the text of the agreement?

I haven't but suspect that Spyre has language that allows them to get their money's worth. Without much doubt, he has a minimum which may very well be that $350K. Otherwise they probably have opportunities they've agreed to get him with known clients. I would say that this is the overpayment out. The client would have to see value in having Nico represent them.

Doubtful that anyone would sign an $8 million deal for someone's "name/image/likeness" with no clauses relating to the actual value of that NIL.

Up to 2M. It may not be performance based, but something governs whether it is 2M or less than that.
IMO, it is the actual value of the name/image/likeness... which directly relates to whether he becomes the starter or not.

ubw3wbzrfezkvrodhgjz

Arch Manning
This is my favorite Spoonism since Trey being overrated in the draft 😒😒

Assuming it is Nico:
Kinda what I was getting at.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
IMO, it is the actual value of the name/image/likeness... which directly relates to whether he becomes the starter or not.

Complete speculation on my part, but I would agree. The value of his NIL is absolutely tied to performance, whether the contract can read that way or not.

Complete speculation on my part, but I would agree. The value of his NIL is absolutely tied to performance, whether the contract can read that way or not.
I doubt it can say "you must be the starter to get...". But it can say that NIL income is subject to demand from NIL clients.

Reactions: SSVol
Sounds like futures trading, making an informed estimate of what a player's NIL will be worth next year. Depends on where he signs, whether he starts, how well he plays, injuries, eligibility... all of them risks to the investor.

Reactions: SSVol

VN Store

Back