Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, by all reports now Burns was a bad hire. Swain threw a party on his show when he left. AP said that Burns was detrimental to in state recruiting, that it was not a loss that he's leaving and that we can upgrade. We also saw none of the young guys develop. People can point to Tillman and Velus, I'd say that's offense more than what Burns did. He was a bad hire.

It's not too much to hope for a proven recruiter and developer. David Johnson, Heard, Galloway, these dudes have recruited at high levels, have great recruiting connections, and have put guys in the league. Pope may end up being a great hire, but he hasn't done any of that.
Just to make sure we are clear. He coached WR and there were some WR's that had an exceptional season. That was because of the system and not the WR coach. We also had some WR's that didn't develop as quickly as people would hope. Now those WR's are the fault of the WR coach. Hmmmm....sounds like the logic used when stretching facts to reach a pre-established position on an issue.

I am not saying Burns did a good or bad job. I know there is certainly smoke to suggest recruiting was not going well with his responsibilities. But your assessment reeks of a politician speaking out of both sides of their @ss. Wait...that might not be the right expression.

This is simply amazing. And Zakai says they're donating everything in excess of what they need to charity when its all said and done.
I wish they would keep it and use what we give them, if I wanted a charity to get it, I would give it to them myself.

People want to help his family. I appreciate the humbleness and thought behind it, but I wish they would just keep it.

I wish they would keep it and use what we give them, if I wanted a charity to get it, I would give it to them myself.

People want to help his family. I appreciate the humbleness and thought behind it, but I wish they would just keep it.
Agree I feel the same way. Money doesn’t go as far as it used to, they’ll need it

Last edited:
I thought they were going to set the initial goal at $100K. Guess they thought that sounded too high, since it needed to be fronted by ZZ. The family will be taken care of and settled in Knoxville very soon.

Vol fans always show up and support their own! One of the very best things about this loyal fanbase, and the media doesn't focus on it nearly enough.
The media doesn't care about feel good stories. Rarely do you see anything on the nightly news about something good happening in the community. Blood, guts and gore----that's what sells and gets clicks. It's a shame but this is where the world is today

Andy Bowser offered his Trailer Park for them to stay in. Lol
200w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back