Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they would hurry up and drop the GoFundMe or whatever they are doing for ZZ. The iron is searing hot right now and if they wait even until this evening that will change a bit.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
I wish they would hurry up and drop the GoFundMe or whatever they are doing for ZZ. The iron is searing hot right now and if they wait even until this evening that will change a bit.

It's actually going to be inexcusable to me after about 1 o'clock today if they are still in "wait for us" mode.

Kelsey Pope interviewed with Heupel when Heup hired Kodi Burns at UCF before taking this job. I wonder if familiarity in terms of the kind of person and knowledge of the offense gives him a stronger chance than most have thought.

After making some late night calls, it feels like David Johnson is gonna be at FSU this fall which would mean this is shaping up to be Kerry Dixon and Pope. Just wondering if familiarity wins out in this one.

AP
Smh

Reactions: VolNash17
It's actually going to be inexcusable to me after about 1 o'clock today if they are still in "wait for us" mode.

Why? They have to travel back from Athens and they have to make sure whatever they do for the family doesn't also make ZZ ineligible to play anymore. Plus I'm sure they aren't just focusing on "let's set up a donation page" they are also helping the family find a place to stay, clothes to wear, food to eat, etc. all those things will be the priority and THEN they'll let VolNation work on donating to them.

It’s getting old
What is? Please tell me the last time I complained about a coaching hire. I'll wait....

Oh, I remember. It was Jimmy Brumbaugh and Shelton Felton. And I was met with the same response you're giving me now. How'd that work out?

This is a message board where we give our opinions. If you don't like it, you shouldn't have joined.

Oh lord...you've been here for 4 months basically...this place ain't for you if Bass' hand wringing over coaching hiring is already "getting old" to you.
That dude has no idea what he's in for if one single "smh" post about making an internal hire at WR coach is too much for him

What is? Please tell me the last time I complained about a coaching hire. I'll wait....

Oh, I remember. It was Jimmy Brumbaugh and Shelton Felton. And I was met with the same response you're giving me now. How'd that work out?

This is a message board where we give our opinions. If you don't like it, you shouldn't have joined.

Pruitt != Heupel

Until he botches a hire, I'm inclined to respect his decision.

For anyone who knows Felton that should have been a HUGE red flag regarding Pruitt. Might as well have hired the weird guy who hangs around recruits (Bowser?).

Pruitt != Heupel

Until he botches a hire, I'm inclined to respect his decision.
Well, by all reports now Burns was a bad hire. Swain threw a party on his show when he left. AP said that Burns was detrimental to in state recruiting, that it was not a loss that he's leaving and that we can upgrade. We also saw none of the young guys develop. People can point to Tillman and Velus, I'd say that's offense more than what Burns did. He was a bad hire.

It's not too much to hope for a proven recruiter and developer. David Johnson, Heard, Galloway, these dudes have recruited at high levels, have great recruiting connections, and have put guys in the league. Pope may end up being a great hire, but he hasn't done any of that.

Well, by all reports now Burns was a bad hire. Swain threw a party on his show when he left. AP said that Burns was detrimental to in state recruiting, that it was not a loss that he's leaving and that we can upgrade. We also saw none of the young guys develop. People can point to Tillman and Velus, I'd say that's offense more than what Burns did. He was a bad hire.

It's not too much to hope for a proven recruiter and developer. David Johnson, Heard, Galloway, these dudes have recruited at high levels, have great recruiting connections, and have put guys in the league. Pope may end up being a great hire, but he hasn't done any of that.

And yet Burns got hired by an NFL team? I get the "we didn't need him anyway" mentality, but maybe there is a middle ground? I'm not suggesting that Heupel is infallible, but I'm not sure our external perception always matches the reality.

Honestly, I say elevate Pope. Lots of positives and it'll help set a standard that Coach Heup will promote within which can attract better analyst and off field staffers in the future.
I would be good with this, not that my opinion matters. Actually, I would be good with whomever Heup chooses. I think he knows what he needs.

Score was 78-75 Vandy, with 29 seconds left. I think staying up by 3 and eating 10-15 more seconds off the clock and trying to force them to foul helps more than going up 5 and there still being 25+ seconds left.

View attachment 436703

So to end it Pippen gets blocked, Wright turns it over out of a timeout, Fleming nails a 3 (same guy who blocked Pippen), Pippen draws a foul and misses the front end of the 1 & 1, Castleton rebounds it then ices it at the free throw line.
Yep, and there were a couple more bad plays by Pippen prior to that. One of them was a pass so bad it hit off the bottom of the backboard and hit Wright and went out of bounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back