Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t surprise me to see vandy cut ties with Stackhouse… new AD that didn’t hire him. Attendance in Memorial is awful. Used to average 10-12k a night a few seasons ago now it’s at 4-5k out of 14,316 seats. McMahon, Becker at Vermont, Rhoades at VCU and Alexander at Belmont would be the names to come to mind

Still outdrawing the football team.

275105628_322204626623895_9036695787637629272_n.jpg

Still outdrawing the football team.
Vandy AD be like: hey students, fun fact you may not know… we lifted our attendance ban, so you can come back!

Student 1: I’m good.
Student 2: What is this basketball?
Student 3: uhhh I’m a trust-fund kid here to just party on Broadway.
Student 4: I have social anxiety disorder, don’t look at me.
Student 5: 我不会说英语
Student 6: वही

Last edited:
Wouldn’t surprise me to see vandy cut ties with Stackhouse… new AD that didn’t hire him. Attendance in Memorial is awful. Used to average 10-12k a night a few seasons ago now it’s at 4-5k out of 14,316 seats. McMahon, Becker at Vermont, Rhoades at VCU and Alexander at Belmont would be the names to come to mind

Most wins since 2016-2017 season, most SEC wins since 2017-18 season.

Granted he's in year 3, but he's out performed Drew's last 2 years there no clue if Vandy can land another Kevin Stallings type coach the SEC now is so much better than it was when he coached in it.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Folks are kinda crapping on the offensive production tonight. Wasn't able to watch the whole game but we still scored 75pts... which is more than our average. The usual folks may have been less productive but players stepped up (JJJ, namely) in that void and got it done. Not sweating it.
There are some here who think we average closer to 48

Most of our "fans" just do not understand the nature of basketball...especially college basketball.

This is a very good team, with a few holes, which could go to the FF, or lose in the first or second round.

After all the mostly garbage to mediocre basketball I have seen at UT over my 54 years, and the black hole we were looking down the barrel of after the DT disaster...I am extremely thankful for Rick Barnes.
The refs still have way too much bias and power to influence games. It will be a tough row to hoe.

Kelsey Pope interviewed with Heupel when Heup hired Kodi Burns at UCF before taking this job. I wonder if familiarity in terms of the kind of person and knowledge of the offense gives him a stronger chance than most have thought.

After making some late night calls, it feels like David Johnson is gonna be at FSU this fall which would mean this is shaping up to be Kerry Dixon and Pope. Just wondering if familiarity wins out in this one.

AP

Kelsey Pope interviewed with Heupel when Heup hired Kodi Burns at UCF before taking this job. I wonder if familiarity in terms of the kind of person and knowledge of the offense gives him a stronger chance than most have thought.

After making some late night calls, it feels like David Johnson is gonna be at FSU this fall which would mean this is shaping up to be Kerry Dixon and Pope. Just wondering if familiarity wins out in this one.

AP
Honestly, I say elevate Pope. Lots of positives and it'll help set a standard that Coach Heup will promote within which can attract better analyst and off field staffers in the future.

AP

I was thinking Pope when Burns left because when we hired him everyone in the business was making a big deal about some guy we hired as an analyst that he was a rising star. They were shocked he took analyst role. If he has shown to have the most potential then let him have it.

Sorry, no. Unless you are sure, dribble it out and make them foul you. That play along with a couple others were brutally bad.

Score was 78-75 Vandy, with 29 seconds left. I think staying up by 3 and eating 10-15 more seconds off the clock and trying to force them to foul helps more than going up 5 and there still being 25+ seconds left.

1646231138089.png

So to end it Pippen gets blocked, Wright turns it over out of a timeout, Fleming nails a 3 (same guy who blocked Pippen), Pippen draws a foul and misses the front end of the 1 & 1, Castleton rebounds it then ices it at the free throw line.

AP

Just looked up Dixon. Gotta say he seems like a solid choice. SEC experience, ties to UF and can recruit.

Reactions: Deebowbear
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back