Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of our "fans" just do not understand the nature of basketball...especially college basketball.

This is a very good team, with a few holes, which could go to the FF, or lose in the first or second round.

After all the mostly garbage to mediocre basketball I have seen at UT over my 54 years, and the black hole we were looking down the barrel of after the DT disaster...I am extremely thankful for Rick Barnes.
Bruce Pearl and Pat Summitt made me a basketball fan in a family of non-basketball fans. I was a freshman at UT under Donnie Tyndall and Holly Warlick... it was a major disappointment to finally get to campus and miss out on both Pat and Bruce.

By the time I was a senior, basketball was fun again. I'll take Rick Barnes until he dies on the court during a game.

Stick some pontoons on it, and it'll look just like Invol's floaty trailers.

"Come on down to @InVOLuntary 's floaty trailer imporium. We've got the finest selection of floaty trailers in the whole county. No matter what size floaty trailer you need, we have it in stock. From single wides, all the way to the big ole quadruple wides. We've got the floaty trailer for you. So come on down!"

That'll be $3.50 for the commercial spot, @InVOLuntary .

Wouldn’t surprise me to see vandy cut ties with Stackhouse… new AD that didn’t hire him. Attendance in Memorial is awful. Used to average 10-12k a night a few seasons ago now it’s at 4-5k out of 14,316 seats. McMahon, Becker at Vermont, Rhoades at VCU and Alexander at Belmont would be the names to come to mind

Wouldn’t surprise me to see vandy cut ties with Stackhouse… new AD that didn’t hire him. Attendance in Memorial is awful. Used to average 10-12k a night a few seasons ago now it’s at 4-5k out of 14,316 seats. McMahon, Becker at Vermont, Rhoades at VCU and Alexander at Belmont would be the names to come to mind
I think that would be a dumb move. They're actually getting better. I don't see it happening.

If I were Rhoades I'd never leave VCU for stinkin Candy! That would be a step down.

Yay and nay.

The regular season has a ton of value, especially because a 68-team single-elimination tournament, where a single "flailing legs" 3 point foul can be awfully called to knock you out, is an absolute crapshoot and a poor system to determine the best teams.

Being #1 during the regular season or winning your conference means a shiz ton.

I do agree. The teams w admiral and grant were a very memorable 2 years, a lot of fun, ending in heartbreak obviously. But the team w Keon and Springer was good and fun at times but w their first round exit no one will remember that team for much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back