Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kick myself almost daily for turning down tickets to Radiohead at Stone Mountain, GA. My buddy said it was a life changing experience.
I could have seen Pink Floyd and the Stones in Atlanta from the front row..for free, back in the early 90s...but..I was young and dumb.

Also missed a chance to go to see STP when they were still nobodies right before they blew up at the Roxy theater in Atlanta...but..I was young and dumb.

I had a close friend that could score front row to anybody...but I missed a lot of great shows...but..I was young and dumb...

I didn't do a lot of stuff because I kept thinking there would be another day..

Agreed..but not letting people share vids of a once in a lifetime shot on Heavens golf course is stupid and serves no purpose.
I was there once wearing flip flops. We were standing by the practice putting green watching some guys putt and I didn’t want to get a horrible tan line so I took my flip flops off and sat them beside me. A security person walked over and asked me to put my shoes back on. So I decided I would just stand on top of them so I still wouldn’t get a bad tan. The same security guard came over and threatened to kick me out if I didn’t slide my feet in the straps and they weren’t kidding around.

I was there once wearing flip flops. We were standing by the practice putting green watching some guys putt and I didn’t want to get a horrible tan line so I took my flip flops off and sat them beside me. A security person walked over and asked me to put my shoes back on. So I decided I would just stand on top of them so I still wouldn’t get a bad tan. The same security guard came over and threatened to kick me out if I didn’t slide my feet in the straps and they weren’t kidding around.
That is dumb

I could have seen Pink Floyd and the Stones in Atlanta from the front row..for free, back in the early 90s...but..I was young and dumb.

In no way do I mean to pile on, because (to me) there’s Pink Floyd and then there’s everybody else and it’s not even close, but WTAF man. I’m legit gonna need some time to fully process that one buddy, lol.

STP was a great show. Saw them on my birthday once, they were the headliner, Staind before them, with a little opening band called Linkin Park.

In no way do I mean to pile on, because (to me) there’s Pink Floyd and then there’s everybody else, but WTAF. I’m legit gonna need some time to fully process that one buddy, lol.

STP was a great show. Saw them on my birthday once, they were the headliner, Staind before them, with a little opening band called Linkin Park.

im sure that linkin park was off the chizzle, dog?

I can only listen to DSotM for so long. Soo many times...just. Reminds me of a lot.

I wish Alonte would showcase at Safety; i believe he can be absolutely dynamic there. I've never thought him a CB; and, although, he had a decent year there this past year, still always thought he was playing out of position. He's much better with everything in front of him.

Last edited:
im sure that linkin park was off the chizzle, dog?
Amazing performers actually, bruv, but to each their own.

Check out Chester singing Hallelujah at Chris Cornell’s funeral. Granted I’m overly partial because Chris Cornell was probably my favorite rock performers voice ever, and Hallelujah a top five favorite song of mine as well.

Bought Viva Las Vegas for my Elvis obsessed Mother in Law and I just have to say...

Ann Margaret was a total smoke show..🤩

Actually saw her perform in Vegas in my younger days in the late 70's with my ex. As fate would have it she jumped up and danced on a large pedestal set up behind our booth literally a few feet from the back of my head. I confess, I looked up.

Oh my...

In no way do I mean to pile on, because (to me) there’s Pink Floyd and then there’s everybody else and it’s not even close, but WTAF man. I’m legit gonna need some time to fully process that one buddy, lol.

I don't have a good explanation for the Floyd show, or the STP show, but the Stones were at Grant Field in the spring, and it was going to be 40-50 degrees and drizzling..

I just put them off because I thought I would have those opportunities forever..🤷‍♂️

Actually saw her perform in Vegas in my younger days in the late 70's with my ex. As fate would have it she jumped up and danced on a large pedestal set up behind our booth literally a few feet from the back of my head. I confess, I looked up.

Oh my...
She was a beautiful and talented woman

She was a beautiful and talented woman

Folks tend to remember her acting the most. But she was very talented as a performer with her dancing and singing.

So for nostalgia - on that trip we saw her, Frank Sinatra, Debbie Reynolds and the Hallelujah Hollywood cast show, which was the top show during those years. Sort of got the HOF for Vegas entertainment out of the way in one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back