Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
@engineerVOL, @Brillovol, and any engineers out there, my son is graduating in May with his EE degree. What's your thoughts/advice on getting the PE?
I'm an EE as well. It depends on what he gets into but I haven't personally met another EE with a PE and I graduated almost 30 years ago.

Edit: just to be clear, I don't have a PE either.

Last edited:
LV's - get ready for some more L's if she doesn't suddenly develop an offensive system and a really good zone D. They've hit the wall and have no answers at G for opponents who are quick.
Seems to be that even if she does "suddenly develop an offensive system and a really good zone D" they will have some more loses. I mean, pretty much everybody will. It's basketball.

I have secured tickets for the Thursday opening round of the Master's. Never been there but always wanted to go and just walk that course. I have gotten to play gold course around the world like in Perth Australia where they play the Heineken Open where Fred Couples and Ian Woosman won. Several course in Northern Ireland and South Africa and even in Zimbabwe but I have never gotten to even walk on the grounds of the Master's. I am wearing depends incase I pee on myself. :) HAHA!
So jealous...but proud for you..take lots of pics.

@engineerVOL, @Brillovol, and any engineers out there, my son is graduating in May with his EE degree. What's your thoughts/advice on getting the PE?
I assume you mean the FE. I'll give you my thoughts as someone with a EE undergrad degree, 5 years of EE experience, and a PhD in Computer Science.

As far as the PE: I think it's pointless for EE's. There is pretty much nothing you can do with a PE as an EE that you can't do as a non-PE. Maybe it earns you a little more money. But I think that comes out in the wash when you account for the fact you literally have to buy insurance as a PE and you have to take an insanely long and difficult test. It would be different if he were in Civil. As a EE, it's just a pointless government stamp of approval. If he gets 5 years down the line and decides his resume is lacking, he can go do an online MBA or something.

I worked under a PE for five years. And I passed the FE. Meaning, I was qualified to take the PE. Everyone at that company including him said not to even bother, so I didn't.

The FE: Equally pointless, but also cheap and easy. It's just a multiple choice test. A good check box for the Ole resume. I did it as an EE. Not hard.

But that is independent in a sense from the PE. Yes, they are tied together. But it makes sense to demonstrate some basic knowledge for your resume, even if you never intend to take the PE.

Last edited:
I have played Pebble Beach, Spyglass, and Spanish Bay. My best 4 hole stretch ever was at Pebble with birdie, birdie, par, par. Of course I started with a triple, double bogey, then bogey. 😳When I hit the good holes, the caddie said here we go! And I just started laughing. I shot a 42 on the front 9 snd a 50 on the back 9. On the 18th hole I pulled the hell out of my drive. It was headed to the Pacific. The ocean swell went down and my ball hit an exposed rock face then bounced to the middle of the fairway 😂. Only par I had on the back 9.

My son was 4 when I played Pebble. I brought him a hat. He asked me to take him to play Pebble Beach. I said that I would when he became a teenager. He didn’t say anything about it afterwards. As his 13th birthday approached, I asked him if he wanted to do anything in particular? His response: When are we playing Pebble Beach? 😳 He and I played Spyglass and Spanish Bay but couldn’t get on Pebble yet 😐 You have to stay on property to get guaranteed tee times at Pebble…

I have these courses as well. I was surprised that there were a lot of hackers on the course. Me being one of them but did post some great rounds without any mulligans or foot wedges....LOL. Stationed there for 4 years US Army. Played PB at a rate of $75 and SpyGlass and Spanish Bay @ rates of $40 and $90 by playing twilight hours.

We tripped to St Andrews and played it for a whopping $9 per round. I have walked Augusta with my boss who played and of course I did not but it was worth the trip.

Both coaches are very similar in how they approach the game. They both are very good at coaching defense. Both are pathetic at coaching offense. They're offensive philosophy is similar to backyard football, get open. I like Kelly but if she doesn't hire someone to put in some kind of offense, then she'll be just like Holly. Even though she stressed defense the great Pat Summit was constantly evolving her offense. The Lady Vols have no offense.
Pat endured a lot of criticism for her perceived lack of offense and too much focus on defense/rebounding. But I understand that we'd rather forget how we treated her at times, not always like the legend she is.

Off topic but Operation: Mindcrime is probably the best concept album of all time.

Yes I know The Wall exists and no I don’t care

I guess it fits the description of a concept album, so I'd vote for Hejira by Joni Mitchell. She wrote it over several months while driving around the US on tour. It's about being on the road, the people she met and memories from her past. I did a lot of driving at one time and got addicted to this one. Song for Sharon is probably my favorite track, but Coyote is the one most people would recognize.

Reactions: bigorange
I have a friend who got to play Augusta National with his son. They stayed on the grounds and played the par three on Friday before their round on Saturday.

Long story short: he steps up to Number 12 and his son decided to video his shot. He hit a hole-in-one.

Augusta did not allow him to tell who he was playing with nor can he publicize (public interviews) his remarkable event.
💩 like that makes me hate the Augusta powers that be...that is so f'n dumb.

So I have a fever of 100.2 and have been fighting a migraine/cluster type headache for days. I'm really hoping this isn't covid because OH has been exposed and is sick too and with his cancer and liver failure I don't want to think about it if things turned bad. I'm vaccinated but I haven't had my booster. Ugh.

I guess it fits the description of a concept album, so I'd vote for Hejira by Joni Mitchell. She wrote it over several months while driving around the US on tour. It's about being on the road, the people she met and memories from her past. I did a lot of driving at one time and got addicted to this one. Song for Sharon is probably my favorite track, but Coyote is the one most people would recognize.
Solid album but I’m more of a 80s metal guy.. Oh also speaking of honorable mention for Music From the Elder by Kiss.

So I have a fever of 100.2 and have been fighting a migraine/cluster type headache for days. I'm really hoping this isn't covid because OH has been exposed and is sick too and with his cancer and liver failure I don't want to think about it if things turned bad. I'm vaccinated but I haven't had my booster. Ugh.
The headache and fever are hallmarks of omicron. I’d say there’s a very high chance it’s Covid. Prayers for protection. 🙏

Ya buddy…. That sounds like Corona. Get a test when you’ve got some time to make sure. Take it easy

Imagine being HER, if none of this is true.
If I had a guess I imagine she is enjoying most of the attention. Maybe not the possibility of losing her employment but at the gawking crowds yes she is enjoying it. This is just my opinion based on the images she made available to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back