Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat was constantly trying to improve. As a national championship winning coach she went to Chicago to meet with Tex Winter and the Bulls to learn the triangle offense.
I don't disagree. I'm sure CKJ is also constantly trying to improve. I would hope all coaches do. If not, they won't last long. The question is, who is successful at improving?

Thanks to all my engineer friends for all the input. I've sense learned that the FE is an intermediate step to the PE. Another question, he eventually wants to own his own engineering firm. Does that change the equation?
Yea he should pursue it then. He will have to maintain CEUs every year though or let it expire in which case I’m not sure what you have to do to get reinstated. The Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam wasn’t too bad. You do need that to eventually sit for PE. He will have to intern for four years under a licensed PE and develop five professional references. I took my FE then wandered over to Neyland stadium for our 2007 🏈 showdown with SCar. Interestingly I met my future wife that same day. My brain was fried and sure my Mack talk was straight fyre. Lol

Tested positive for covid today, actually. Wishing the best for you and your family, professor. Prayers all around.

Prayers for both you and UTProf. Get well quickly.

Our daughter had it a couple of weeks ago. It has busted her immune system and she is sick again. She's back at the doc now getting tested for flu and other things.

@butchna

You seem to know the rules pretty well, so I have a transfer rule question for you. I know February 1st is the SEC deadline for intra-conference transfers as it applies to the one-time transfer exception, but is there an NCAA deadline as well? I heard transfers have to be in the portal by May 1st in order to be eligible to play the next season for their new team. Is that correct?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Thanks to all my engineer friends for all the input. I've sense learned that the FE is an intermediate step to the PE. Another question, he eventually wants to own his own engineering firm. Does that change the equation?
To have his own firm, then definitely yes. If it were me or mine I would go the route that @Kristy* suggested.

I deal with ME's all the time and just as a funny ask some of them and I can see them in their heads go F+32 x5/9...Just funny. They are usually on such a higher plateau that that has long been forgotten
I'm a ME. Though I'm more into embedded controls for high voltage batteries nowadays more than anything. We test our products down at -40 so being at that temperature is natural to me. I've spent more than enough time in the Canadian north in the middle of winter.

Our daughter had it a couple of weeks ago. It has busted her immune system and she is sick again. She's back at the doc now getting tested for flu and other things.
And for your daughter, and you and your family, as well, V4us.

Thank you.

I'm a ME. Though I'm more into embedded controls for high voltage batteries nowadays more than anything. We test our products down at -40 so being at that temperature is natural to me. I've spent more than enough time in the Canadian north in the middle of winter.

I sell industrial pumps, blowers and compressors so spend most of my projects working with Facility Engineers, or ME's if something like TVA or governmental

@butchna

You seem to know the rules pretty well, so I have a transfer rule question for you. I know February 1st is the SEC deadline for intra-conference transfers as it applies to the one-time transfer exception, but is there an NCAA deadline as well? I heard transfers have to be in the portal by May 1st in order to be eligible to play the next season for their new team. Is that correct?
Yes. For Fall and Winter sports it is May 1.

The deadline for fall and winter sports is May 1 every year. The deadline for spring sports is July 1 every year. If a student-athlete transfers for a second time to a different Division I school, they have to sit out a year.

Daughter's entire family got it 6 months ago. Have had everything going around since then, and just got it again this week. Definitely whacked immune system.

Thank you so much. I hope your daughter gets better soon. I've been so meticulous in trying to avoid covid because I'm terrified of what the potential consequences could be for OH since he's already very sick. I think (hope) I will emerge from it fine bc I'm in relatively good health but you never know how your body is going to react to these things. I can only hope that whatever we've picked up, if it is covid (and it probably is), that it's a weak strain. I will never forgive myself if after all this me giving him covid is what kills him.

So I have a fever of 100.2 and have been fighting a migraine/cluster type headache for days. I'm really hoping this isn't covid because OH has been exposed and is sick too and with his cancer and liver failure I don't want to think about it if things turned bad. I'm vaccinated but I haven't had my booster. Ugh.
Prayers for you and your other half. Pray that this will pass soon.

I’m surprised you didn’t ask me!!! Kinda disappointed. I’m not an engineer but work with some that couldn’t hold a light on me. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back