Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not someone who just blindly believes oh the only reason so and so happens is because of cheating. Could it be money? Sure it could. But it could also just be an anomaly. Jumbo and his staff could have just hit gold. It’s possible.

Did Sanders pay the players he got? Doubtful. Highly doubtful that JS was able to get more money for Hunter than all the other big time programs.

The easy way these days is to say it’s all about money. You think Saban actually has had to buy his recruiting classes? Please. Just blindly saying it’s just about money is lazy.
So, you're comparing Fisher to Sanders? If that's the case, every 5 star in the country would play for Sanders when he becomes a Power 5 head coach. It's a lot deeper than that. The state of Texas is football crazy. Research the size of some Texas high school stadiums----Allen High school has a $65 Million stadium and that's just scratching the surface. Boosters are buying ATM players and he owes them big time. If he doesn't win now, he won't be around long. They'll buy him out just like they're buying his players.

I am not someone who just blindly believes oh the only reason so and so happens is because of cheating. Could it be money? Sure it could. But it could also just be an anomaly. Jumbo and his staff could have just hit gold. It’s possible.

Did Sanders pay the players he got? Doubtful. Highly doubtful that JS was able to get more money for Hunter than all the other big time programs.

The easy way these days is to say it’s all about money. You think Saban actually has had to buy his recruiting classes? Please. Just blindly saying it’s just about money is lazy.
So, you're comparing Fisher to Sanders? If that's the case, every 5 star in the country would play for Sanders when he becomes a Power 5 head coach. It's a lot deeper than that. The state of Texas is football crazy. Research the size of some Texas high school stadiums----Allen High school has a $65 Million stadium and that's just scratching the surface. Boosters are buying ATM players and he owes them big time. If he doesn't win now, he won't be around long. They'll buy him out just like they're buying his players.
Watching that makes me thankful that I have a belly. 😂

Kept waiting for him to suddenly get pulled into the hole and hear his scream get cut off suddenly. You know because of the cannibal troglodytes waiting down there. 😳
I couldn't watch it. I stopped the video when he got in down to his waste :):)

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
This is the part where we all acknowledge how awesome a job Heupel did this season both on the field and in the realm of recruiting but after a little bit we start worrying away about 'the next step' and whether or not he can take it.
I’ll worry about it when the time comes…when said NEXT STEP is real time, not February.

He actually looks really good for the way most pro athletes dress…. It always makes me shake my head with some of the outfits that the pros wear just bc they have money.

You're just saying that because what he's wearing was pretty standard dress for kids in the early 90s. :D

Wtf is this guy talking about? Also, he’s the same assistant that was crying on Twitter when On3 dropped the rankings on some of their guys. He’s a weird dude. Kind of emotional like a woman on Twitter.

I'm glad you said twitter and not the other word :cool::cool:

Why is the scholarship limit a thing now if payments can be made?

“Hey 4* safety. Come be a PWO with us and we will pay you $150,000/year and this off campus apartment complex will let you live for free for doing a couple social media posts a month. You just have to pay your own tuition.”

just a matter of time til that has to be addressed.

“Hey 4* safety. Come be a PWO with us and we will pay you $150,000/year and this off campus apartment complex will let you live for free for doing a couple social media posts a month. You just have to pay your own tuition.”
If they're making that much then they should pay their tuition. It definitely looks like that's what Tennessee did this NSD

Was it considered illegal for the Saints to pay bonus money to their players for big hits on opposing players? The NFL stopped that pretty quickly
Right, but there was no lawsuit involved. It's an internal nfl issue, not a legal issue, same as the bounty program.

I live in Tennessee but I work for a company out of Houston. The people down there will spend their money on anything they want. One guy built a 100x150 steel structure party barn, with a bar and sleeping areas for his friends, in his back yard because he wanted a place everyone could get hammered and stay when they would come over. Then his buddies decided they needed one too in order to not look so bad. We sold 4 to a friend group. Big money Texas peeps don't play around my friends.
I was talking about Baylor school in Chattanooga.

Have to pay your tuition and other expenses out of that haul. Cuts a lil bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back